Tindamax User Reviews

Tindamax - User Reviews

Tindamax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tindamax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: RN/patient, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 01

This drug is equally as effective as Flagyl for treating BV, but fewer side effects. There was a slight metalic taste for a few hours after taking it, but that improved with each dose. I had no other issues with this medication.

Related Reading: Flagyl

Comment from: macaroni, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 14

A one-time dose of 2,000 mg caused me to miss four days of my life--2 days of extreme chills, 3 days of fever up to 101, massive and constant headache, total body aches and pains, sporadic digital numbness, dry heaves, loss of appetite, joint and muscle pain. I got tested for the flu, which I did not have. Not only did I have to pay for the initial appointment, but I had to go to FOUR other medical appointments in order to get relief from the SIDE EFFECTS. I couldn't eat for four days, lost weight, became very weak and dizzy. My husband had to miss work in order to care for me. I was not feeling bad at all before the Tindamax. I have other issues with my health provider which I will deal with, but I will NEVER take Tindamax again and will do my best to tell other people about this journey into and out of Hell.

Related Reading: fever | headache | muscle pain

Comment from: Invida, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 28

I was prescribed a dosage of four tablets of 500 mg twice a day. The medication left a terrible taste in my mouth for four days. No matter how many times I brushed my teeth or rinsed out my mouth, it would not go away. I found it really unpleasant. I'm hoping not to have to take it again for this reason, but it seems to have been effective so far.

Comment from: Herewegoagain, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 01

I was prescribed 500mg twice a day for 14 days. I have recurrent BV that has plagued me for years. This dosage did get rid of the BV but gave me a HORRIBLE yeast infection that no OTC medicine could get rid of completely. My doctor described it as a "raging" infection...just to give you an idea. And I do not get yeast infections. I am again on Tindamax, same dose, and this time my doctor gave me Diflucan oral to take every 3 days along with the Tindamax. I am on day 5 and so far, so good. Side effects I'm getting are dry mouth and a slightly lightheaded feeling. Also, I found an OTC product that helps balance female pH that seemed to help- it's called RePhresh. If I hadn't already had a yeast infection, I'd try using RePhresh with the Tindamax next time.

Related Reading: yeast infection | Tindamax | Diflucan

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 05

Doctor prescribed Tindamax for BV. Read a lot of bad reviews prior to taking the drug but tried it anyway. I've been taking 1000mg a day (2 500mg pills at once). I haven't experienced any side effects except slight dry mouth / metallic taste but not unbearable and definitely worth it since I am already feeling better. Just thought I'd add according to studies on the drug, only 13% of patients had any side effects. Which means 77% will experience no side effects. Don't let these reviews scare you; I feel perfectly fine, even better than I did before taking the drug. Also, I took the pills right after eating a full meal, so that could have a lot to do with why I did not feel any symptoms.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: uncomfortable, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 23

I had a pap come back irregular so had to go for a colposcopy for a biopsy. A few days later I received a call from my obgyn that I had a bacterial infection which has nothing to do with the pap, so they prescribed tindamax, 2 500mg in the morning a 2 500 mg at night for two days, I never took 2000 mg of anything in a day. I finished them last night. I feel so wiped out and exhausted not sure if it worked or not because I am still feel like I have cramps. Haven't got my results yet from the biopsy. This really stinks feeling this way with this hot weather!

Comment from: Problem Solved, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 30

I was diagnosed with the BV by obgyn. I was given this medication - 2 tabs of 500 once per day for 5 days. Aside from a horrible taste in my mouth and coated tongue feeling that lasted for a few hours after taking the medication, I am quite pleased. It started working within a day and a half, absolutely no side effects other than the one mentioned. Would take it again if needed.