Tobradex Ophthalmic Ointment User Reviews

Tobradex Ophthalmic Ointment - User Reviews

Tobradex Ophthalmic Ointment User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tobradex Ophthalmic Ointment sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mark, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 22

seems too help, very expensive

Comment from: pondoman2, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 24

Caused blurred vision, but it worked well reducing the inflamation and irritation.

Comment from: sore eyes, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 09

A little confusing as to how to administer the cream. found iout the cream should be administered directly to the affected eyelid, but nobody told me that. Once I started that, the pain andswelling started to go away and was fully gone within three days.

Comment from: comgeek26, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 27

I was prescribed this after I'd had an iodine plaque put in and removed from my left eye. Up until I was prescribed the ointment I'd been taking the Tobradex drops, but a stitch was starting to come out of the scar and make it very sore, so they prescribed the ointment as a way (I guess) of speeding up the healing. It hasn't been sore since. I can move my eye around in all directions without any pain. It does tend to make the vision in that eye kind of blurry, though.

Comment from: gadzymus, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 15

I have been using this for years, I seem to get a lot of eye infections because I work in a very dusty environment. This has always cleared it up for me in two or three days at the rate of 2X per day. In fact I keep it on hand at all times. It is also sometimes called Tobrex, but either way it is good medicine for sure!

Related Reading: Tobrex

Comment from: earls413, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 15

I had eyelid surgery to remove a lump containg granulomas. I used this on my stitches and it helped with swelling and eased the appearance of scars. Has many uses but is expensive even with insurance.

Related Reading: scars

Comment from: ama, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 24

Due to blepharitis I have recurring ulcers on my cornea which often results in infections. If the ulcers/infection are severe my dr gives Vigamox but if it's caught early this drug is very effective. Usually $150 but dr. gave me coupon for pharmacy, only cost $25. Much cheaper than Vigamox. A little harder to use because it's slightly thicker than a typical drop. A little blurriness, a slight metallic taste in the mouth, also diarrhea but I get that with any antibiotic - my body does not handle antibiotics well at all.

Related Reading: blepharitis | Vigamox | diarrhea

Comment from: cdamato, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 27

I was given Tobradex to help with the swelling of my eyelids and scratch on my cornea. The eye drops worked great and helped reduce the swelling within 24 hours. The only problems I had was that when putting in the drops, it burned for a couple seconds and blurred my vision. I also developed swelling in my mouth, my gums, and teeth hurt so bad I couldn't eat. This started happening 3 days after taking the drops. I took Benedril and that inflamation was gone overnight. I believe I had an allergic reaction to the medication.

Comment from: Flemming, 25-34 Female Published: July 07

My son is blind and has been taking this perscription since July 4, 2011, first starting with 1 drop in right eye every 3 hours for 2 weeks, then 1 drip 4 times daily for 2 weeks.

Comment from: markincr, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 21

I have used this for an eye infection and then later to treat blepharitis...which is like an inflammation of the eyelids. It works so well that I have taken to using it for five days or so whenever the blepharitis starts coming back. But today I mentioned that to a doctor of internal medicine and he said it's not a good idea to use it frequently because one of the two ingredients is a steroid. He is going to explain other ways to control the blepharitis. It is true that it is cheaper in Latin America... I live in Costa Rica and can walk into any drugstore and buy it for about $15.