Tobradex User Reviews

Tobradex - User Reviews

Tobradex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tobradex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Penny, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 20

This medication has greatly assisted me in saving my eyes in many situations including ongoing after effects of Stevens Johnson syndrome, maintaining cornea transplants during healing, and fighting effects of steroids in the other eye also used during healing of cornea transplants.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 14

Mysterious inflammation in right eye for several days, cleared up in 24 hours with these drops although I used them for several more days! Inflammation did not seem like regular "pink eye" infection, just very red and semi-painful right eye. Did not spread to left eye. Great product!

Related Reading: pink eye

Comment from: MsAnathema, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 24

I was prescribed this medication for both eyes, due to 'pink eye' which came on suddenly. Within 12 hours I noticed relief from the redness, itching and gritty-burning sensation. The only side-effect that I noticed is the BAD taste, which could be good for someone not wanting to eat during the holidays...

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: Hectorchadwick, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 18

My doctor (eye specialists) prescribed this medication as part of the treatment for a stye on my lower eye lid.

Published: December 10

I had an eye infection as soon as i started my treatment it was gone! It is very expencive but worth it

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: June 25

I used this med. on my daughters ear right after she had tubes put in her ears and it worked great. It not just for the eyes

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 11

We have no idea how this worked since the doctor put this in my mother's eye during a cornea transplant. She was charged 807.00 for one dose and Medicare refused to pay and she had to pay for the entire amount.

Comment from: Stromsp, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 22

I was prescribed this eye drop due to "pink eye." As soon as I used the drops, the inflammation and the redness in my eye decreased. After 12 hours my eye looked only bloodshot; the excessive eye watering decreased as well.

Comment from: trollchaser, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 31

my eyes were watering,turned out to be a infection,in 2 days it was cleared! on the expensive side thou.

Comment from: Leagrits, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 28

I had adult strabismus surgery on one eye and was prescribed tobradex post operatively. I used it three times a day for five days. I noticed my eyelid was red, hot and swollen and my eye was extremely itchy. An assistant in my dr.s office !

Related Reading: strabismus | tobradex

Comment from: lalalala, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 02

I had a sty that had ruptured causing a bacterial infection. My eyes were blurry after I applied it.

Related Reading: sty

Comment from: asdfasdf1, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 30

Can someone please comment on the effectiveness of this for severe cases of otitis externa (swimmer's ear)? It's been prescribed to me - off label of course since it's not approved for use in the ears - and I'm a little concerned. Has anyone experienced hearing loss? As with everything else there is conflicting information online. I do not want to cause any further damage to my hearing if I can avoid it!

Related Reading: swimmer's ear | hearing loss

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.