Tofranil-PM User Reviews

Tofranil-PM - User Reviews

Tofranil-PM User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tofranil-PM sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Dolores, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 12

I had been taking it for 2years and the whole time I felt like me. My dr. wean me off it and unfortunately I had a lot of problems. Just got back on it and starting to get better. This drug is my lifesaver.

Comment from: michelle, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 19

I took this for chronic pain and not being able to sleep. I woke up 1st morning after with a weird taste in my mouth, headache, and leg cramps. Was confused until early evening and it was time for another, same thing next day and then quit. Was even afraid to drive. Would never take again. Tricyclics are old and bad anti-depressants , this is like elavil, same effects from that. You feel really hung-over, tired and dis-oriented

Related Reading: chronic pain | sleep | headache

Comment from: dbullard, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 19

I use this drug for treating IBS. It has helped me get my life back. Before I couldn't go more than just a few miles from home and then sometimes had to go back home. Vacations were out of the question and as for work I wouldn't eat anything until I got to work and even then it was a very limited menu. Now I get to go on vactions with my family again, going to work isn't a problem and an all day shopping trip is no longer an issue. There are days, of course, that the IBS gets the better me but those days are much fewer apart.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 05

I was prescribed this medicine for PTSD and flashbacks. I could not sleep and it made me feel nervous and very shaky.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 01

I was taking this medication for lack of sleep and migraine headaches/irritability. Everything was great for a few days other than being slightly disoriented, but that soon got worse and also had negative thoughts like loved ones passing away all the time. I stopped immediately after reading side effects. I will never take it again.

Related Reading: migraine

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 19

I was prescribed this medication for bladder/urinary tract problems. I was skeptical at first until I felt immediate relief!! I have been on the medictaion for one month and have had no UTI symptoms.

Comment from: Cameron, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 11

This medication has caused me to have insomnia.

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: sgtmomif, 65-74 (Patient) Published: February 05

cann't sleep and very nervous

Comment from: Daddy MIke, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 03

I suffered with panic disorders for nearly 14 years before I sought treatment. After six months on this drug I was almost back to normal. Combined with two years of therapy, I could function normally. I have been on this drug for nearly 20 years with no side effects. This drug has been a life saver for me.

Comment from: JC, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 23

Took medicine to help with sleep, first time I got a full 8 hours in a long time. Did leave me a little hungover the next morning. We will see how it works in the long term.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 28

I have been taking this medicine for about 2 months. My doctor prescribed it to me to treat anxiety. The first week I had many sleepless nights, but I felt better during the daytime. I felt immediate changes for the good. I was excited to have less cravings for food. My IBS has gotten much better also. My libido began to return to normal. The anxiety has gotten better, but not completely. I am very satisfied with the results I have had using this medication.

Related Reading: anxiety