Tofranil-PM User Reviews

Tofranil-PM - User Reviews

Tofranil-PM User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tofranil-PM sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: audrey, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 02

I have cervical Dystonia, my doctor gave this to me because I can not sleep, it have not helped at all I can take it at 6:30PM or 7:ooPM and I will stil be up until 2:30 AM to 4:30 then when I finaly do fall asleep I won't wake up until after lunch or even 2:30PM or even 4:30P. When I do wake up I just want to lay in bed and do nothing. It has slowed me down to the point That I have gained wait lossed interest in everything and just want lie in bed and do nothng, no tv nothing, just can't get up to do anything. I just can't fall asleep after taking this at 7:00PM or 7:30 until 2:30am or even 430am, this is not working for me because it makes you not want to do anything all day long, takes you forever to fall asleep and makes me gane wait and constapated, it has not helped me at all. Is there not something that I can take in order to seleep like a normal person besides this. He ( my doctor) has givien me aso many things and they just don't work, I need help........ PLEASE HELP. Audrey Bieri

Related Reading: Dystonia

Comment from: carnagechick, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 20

stopped wetting the bed for a week then has been wetting couple nights a week

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 05

This medication has been a godsend, it has kept me sane & helped me sleep for over 15 years. I have suffered from depression my entire adult life & spent a decade trying everything with limited success. I hated sleeping all my life as I have horrible nightmares & sleepwalk. It's hard to say how much of the depression was a result of insomnia, but whatever the reasons this has really helped. I am reassured by the fact that it has been around for over 50 years.

Related Reading: depression | nightmares

Comment from: cjwshop@verizon.net, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 20

I have been on this drug for 38 years. I tried different anti-depressant drugs before Tofranil PM. None worked. Once I started taking Tofranil PM I could "feel" my spirits lift. The change came within 30 days. It was an incredible feeling. I was depressed and also had panic attacks. I couldn't leave my home. I was living in hell. This drug was my lifesaver. I tried different times to get off the drug but I would return to . There is something lacking in me that this drug keeps me on an even keel. Now that I am on Medicare, my prescription drug plan does not cover this drug. It is going to cost me almost $5000 a year to continue taking this drug. Without it, I am not myself. Why should prescription drug plans tell you what drug you need when they don't have a clue about past experiences with the drug?

Related Reading: Tofranil | panic attacks

Comment from: nsims, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 01

I like this medicine, it has helped alot with my depression. The only downfalls are all the side-affects. I became very sleepless,and a little more irritable. I also sweat excessivly, and my body gets the shakes.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 06

I have taken this medication for endogenous depression for close to thirty years. It has been a life saver for me.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 06

I have been taking Tofranil-PM for over 20 years and it has saved my quality of life. I had severe depression and anxiety attacks that kept me at home. I think I would have committed suicide if I had not found help.

Related Reading: Tofranil-PM | suicide

Comment from: justkimnow09@comcast.net, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 06

I am not real sure if this is gonna help me.. it makes me sleep alot! I do get a good nights rest, but then all the next day all I want to do is sleep... it has made me not want to eat, and so I have to make myself eat.. I still feel depressed, but maybe it hasnt been in my system long enough.. anyone else on this for depression? please let me know... thanks!

Comment from: drbeth, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 29

I had depression off and on since my early 20's. In my 30's I was so depressed I could not fuction. A young doctor, just out of medical school, told me he thought I had biological depression and asked me to try Tofranil. In about a week I was no longer depressed. I have tried to get off the drug several times but each time I get down to 150mg my depression starts up again. I am now 70 years old and maintain on 200mg at bedtime. I have no sign of depression and have appropriate reactions. My life would not be worth living without Tofranil. The few side effects I have are a small price to pay. This drug has saved my life.