Topamax User Reviews

Topamax - User Reviews

Topamax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Topamax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: catseyeva@yahoo.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 14

YOU MUST GIVE IT TIME!!! I Started on 25mg 2x a day for 2 wks and then increased to 50mg 2x a day for 2wks and then to 75mg for 2wks and then to 100mg 2x a day for 2 wks, this is a slow enough regimen the side effects do not compeletely overwhelm you. Don't get me wrong. There are all there!!!. Tingling in hands, feet, lips, fingers, toes. Loss of appetite, alcohol, SEX. Loss of words, thoughts, processes, directions, your car in the parking lot, all of it. BUT, it does get better. And the headaches, GONE. I have suffered headaches all of my life since a young teenager. I am 45. I have lived off of narcotics and ambien. THis is the first time I have not taken 4-5 narcotics a day in so many years I can not count them. Except for the lack of the desire for alcohol and sex I have no complaints. I have a very demanding , professional job. I manage. I think about what I need to say or type before I sent. (Spellcheck!)... I think Topomax is great.

Related Reading: ambien

Comment from: cherylwilk, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 26

I had just about every bad side effect you can have taking this med. It has been a horrible experience. I had the numbness severe and the confusion severe and the slurred speech severe. I missed a whole week of work trying to get off of it and get back on something else for the migraines. I was hoping this would be the miracle drug for me and it turned out to be my worst nightmare. All I can say is if you try it and you get the severe side effects stop emediatly.Do not think like I did that taking more will help. I was taking 50mg. and my Doc wanted me up to 100mgs.. At the 50mgs I was feeling the side effects and thought if I take more I will feel better Well do not do that. Tell your Doctor right away and get off, the side effects will only get worse.I hope this will help someone out there who is having possibly the same problem as me. Good Luck

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.