Toprol XL User Reviews

Toprol XL - User Reviews

Toprol XL User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Toprol XL sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: B.S., 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 21

Toprol-XL is sooooo bad for a person that it should NOT be used. I have--gained 50-pounds;badly swollen feet and ankles;rash and itching on ankles,feet and legs;extreme fatigue and sleepy;cannot drink alcohol or I am narcoleptic;severe shortness of breath; depression;and--my doctor does not believe me and thinks it is the only med. to use and that works, so she (and my cardio dr.) just says, "just use it." I think my local drug pharmacist could better prescribe. Have taken it for maybe 6-years for h.b.p.;heart and tremors--I think it makes the tremors worse. Have not felt like myself (or felt good) since taking it. Don't know what to do. Any good suggestions by dr.;pharmacist;public would be appreciated. You can refer to me as-- HELP B.S.

Related Reading: rash | itching | fatigue

Comment from: CED, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 28

I was on Toprol XL for exactly 9 months.When I first started taking it I tought it seemed to be working.But after 7 months I started having some serious side effects.Dizzy spells to the point of passing out,even while driving,irregular heartbeats,my blood pressure went from very low back up to high.I was referred to a heart specialist and he put me in the hospital and did an angiogram,to see if I had high cholesterol or what exactly was goin on.My cholesterol was perfect! The dr. then told me it was the Toprol. It messed with my heart rhythum and now I have an irregular heartbeat thanks to taking Toprol XL. They need to take this med. off the maket before it kills someone!

Related Reading: Toprol XL | cholesterol

Comment from: Jrock, 45-54 (Patient) Published: June 10

Over the two years that I have been taking this Topral XL 50 I have gained 40 pds. I have been VERY CAREFUL about the food I eat and still have gained weight. I am very upset about this.

Comment from: bad effects, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 19

After reading all the side effects people are having with this drug,,please try something else, i feel this is a very dangerous drug for some people. I had very bad side effects still dealing with side effects. I hope they take it off the market as soon as possible. ha

Comment from: coopdy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 10

Not sure if it is the medication, but since taking it, all my joints ache. My knees, hands, neck and back all seem to be inflamed. I would like to know if other have these symptoms.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 09

Have had numerous side-effects including dizziness, mood swings, anxiety, hair loss, trouble sleeping, and personality changes.

Related Reading: dizziness | anxiety | hair loss

Comment from: MikeD, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 06

The TOPROL/METOPROLOL recall is mainly for the generic drug which is manufactured by ETHEX pharm. and SANDOZ pharm. The generic manufactured by PAR pharmaceutical is OK. The brand drug TOPROL-XL is manufactured by Astra Zeneca pharm. and I understand that PAR pharm. is also alligned with Astra Zeneca. either one appears a good choice. These generic (junk pills) were investigated and reported by both CONSUMER LABS (White Plains NY) and THE PEOPLES PHARMACY in April of last year. What was the FDA doing???

Comment from: Jason, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 22

I've been taking 50mgs of Toprol for around 7 years for high blood pressure and irregular heart beat. Works fine but my hands and feet are always cold. I've gained weight too...

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: DOUG, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 22

WEIGHT GAIN IS A PROBLEM FOR ME