Torisel User Reviews

Torisel - User Reviews

Torisel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Torisel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: marimba_girl, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 08

My dad just started this treatment. He has stage 4 renal cell carcinoma and has had one hell of a year. This is the third treatment, after Nexavar and Sutent. He has just had one treatment so far and is due his next one Friday, so I will post again when I know more about it.

Related Reading: Nexavar | Sutent

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 06

Three years I had one kidney removed because of malignancy. Period CT scans afterward were clear; however, recently a new tumor was discovered, metastasized renal cell carcinoma. Started on Sutent but it had a dangerous effect on heart function. Switched to Torisel and have been on it 3 months now. Tumor has not grown and the active area has reduced slightly. Side effects are not a problem considering the probable outcome if I wasn't taking it.

Related Reading: tumor | Torisel

Comment from: mrgolfer, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 31

I have been taking Torisel for two months with minimal side effects. My CT scan showed my tumors had not grown.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 04

I have metastatic recal cell carcinoma Sutent & Nexavar did nothing. Torisel was easy use and significantly reduced my tumors after 8 treatments. Then it stopped working. Over the next few months of treatment the tumors in lungs did not change while those in my abdomen & liver increased in size.

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: 55-64 (Patient) Published: February 22

I have been taking Torisel weekly for 9 months. Side effects: change in taste, mouth sores, weight loss. Have had two CT scans since taking Torisel. Tumors in lungs, adrenal, & remaining kidney have stopped growing.I took Nexavar and Sutent but side effects were too much, even tho the drugs were effective in shrinking tumors.

Comment from: unlucky1, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 02

so far so good, have metatastic renal cell tried nexavar, didnt work now on torisel for 6 months tumors are stable, no growth or new ones, i pray this keeps working. my worst side effect is being extremely tired after the pre med of benedryl.

Comment from: Becca53, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 16

My fiance has been on Torisel 25 mg's since Jan. 11 2008, he has stage 4 mrcc, altho kidney removed in Nov. mets to both his lungs..He had 3, 25 mg's and then his borderline scans after his 3rd treatment he had 5-10% shrinkage after 3 doses.. He is due for his next catscan in 2-3 weeks and we'll see how those turn out...He has a a few problems with getting a very bad rash, but with a slight mg steriod, has only had to take a week off a month, and with the original bad rash came he had to take 3 weeks off, plus drop to 15 mg, for 2 weeks up to 20mg Monday back up to 25 mg's...I look at all the targeted drugs are hard and i'm not expecting to much shrinkage, but any shrinage is better than nothing or regrowth...So we are both very pleased with Torisel and a very understanding oncologist..It's helped up thru a very difficult time, making decision neither one of us thought we'd ever have to make....Thanks for reading...

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: roberjoel, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 12

I have now received 37 treatments. I haven't had any bad reactions but the taste change. Everything tastes bad! My cancer is still growing but slowly. I have renal cell carcinoma in 5 spots. I just finished radiation treatment for quality of life issues. Now I can walk again.

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: lafrcf, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 07

Have had 7 t6reatments. First CT taken within days. Have chromophobe kidney cancer, mets to bones. Sutent side effects too difficult. Dropped that dose and eventually stopped working. Switched to Torisel. Bad skin rashes are only significant side effect; rest can be tolerated. God bless all and good luck.

Related Reading: kidney cancer