Toviaz User Reviews

Toviaz - User Reviews

Toviaz User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Toviaz sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ellenkcmo, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 29

This is 99% better than Detrol,enablex,vesicare.for me. Each person will react to a drug differently.I've been on 4 mg toviaz for 90 days, worked great for about 6 hours,now moved up to 8, it works about 8-10 hours. Should you have constipation drink more water or juice. For someone who was afraid to sneeze.. this has been the best one so far. I'am 63, sure nice not to have to know where ever bathroom is all the time

Related Reading: Detrol | enablex | vesicare

Comment from: Dkidd1, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 04

I can't notice any change in my frequent urination at night.

Comment from: heavenscuz, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 12

From my experience, Toviaz is one of the biggest jokes in medicines. Instead of helping the problem, it made it worse. I had more frequent trips and it was like someone opened the flood gates. Instead of being able to hold my urine, I would start urinating before I could even get up. It was more urgent than before I started the medicine. Along with this problem, I had constant nausea, no appetite, bouts of depression and swelling in the neck area. I would not recommend this to my worst enemy.

Related Reading: Toviaz | depression

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 06

I've had abdominal pain and constipation while on this med. I didn't work very well for me and also my fingernails started peeling, severely, after starting this med 2 months ago. My depression seems to be coming back, so today, I didn't take my pill and will stop. For me, the side effects weren't worth the risk.

Related Reading: abdominal pain | constipation

Comment from: cgcorn, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 12

Doctor put me on this for overactive bladder. I took my first dose last night, it was a nightmare! I was up every single hour and sometimes more. A lot of pressure and lower abdominal pain. Difficult urinating, felt as if I had a 10 lb baby sitting on my bladder. I will not take anymore of it!

Related Reading: overactive bladder

Comment from: lucky22, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 22

I have been on this 2 days...very early to tell but appears to work. I was on Detrol and had to stop because of the side effects. I haven't felt run down like I did with the other medication. I still get slight headaches but I deal with that it was the constant urinating, urgent need to pee and leakage that I oculd not deal with. Reading everyones comments it sounds like it doesn't work well. I will update in a few days/weeks. Anyone with good results please write.

Comment from: Trisha0309, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 04

I have been on Toviaz 8mg for 5 days & cannot believe the difference. My problem is extreme sudden urge where I frequently did not make it to the bathroom. I tried Vesicare & something else but nothing worked for me. Toviaz is definitely it. I do have dry mouth & occasion constipation but have always been constipated so not worried about that part. I'll deal with it. The dry mouth is not so bad that I can't handle it. I am very very happy with the results of Toviaz. I have gone from changing a maxi pad twice daily to now lasting all day with not one dribble. I only get up once a night to make a potty run, so that is not bad at all. When I started taking Toviaz, the effects were immediate although the dr told me it would take 7 days to reach full effectiveness. This is definitely the drug for me. Yes it is very expensive but it sure beats being miserable and not feeling clean all day. Even with my insurance it's $200 for a 3 month supply. I don't care. if I have dealt with my problem for years and now I feel I am free! Thanks Toviaz, you have given me my life back. Yes I know I sound like a commercial, but I'm just so happy I have found a solution to my problem I wanted to share it with the world!

Related Reading: dry mouth