Toviaz User Reviews

Toviaz - User Reviews

Toviaz User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Toviaz sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: signoret, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 08

This drug caused fecal incontinence, severe diarrhea and produced difficulty in urination. It offered no relief to OAB.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: Anne, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 20

I have tried everything over the past 10 years and Toviaz is the only thing that has worked effectively. I even cut down from the 8 to the 4 mg. The side effects are constipation but I just drink more water and eat more fruit. It is worth it.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 15

Had a recent TVT performed and was placed on med due to continuation of incontinence.Taking this med has increased my incontinence. acts like an overflow and runs out like a water fountain....Find it has the opposite effect than what it is suppose to do.

Comment from: Paula A, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 16

I have been on this medicine for approx. 3 months. At first I was on Detrol which was not effective. Toviaz started out effective however that is no longer the case. Also, the dry mouth keeps me sipping water all day and my dentist has prescribed me a special tooth paste to combat this. I go to the bathroom during the day every two hours as directed by my doctor, and still when I get up after laying down, I leak. Would like to go to bed without wearing pull up pads. I will soon change meds again. Also, my scalp itches and the dandruff is awful! Never had it before the toviaz.

Related Reading: dandruff

Comment from: Barbiekat, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 13

Started working but notice shortness of breath and a constant ticlke in chest that causes a constant cough. Also nausea. Has anyone this side effect yet?

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: marian, 75 or over (Patient) Published: March 17

It was working well. During the past week I am having pressure to go frequently. It's very uncomfortable.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 17

I have been taking Toviaz for about 3 weeks and I love it. It works better for me than any other drug I have taken.

Comment from: tra37086, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 10

I noticed excellent results within the first couple of days. The problem is that a months prescription is $182 and I have now had to change to ditropan. It caused such horrible dry mouth and constipation that I stopped taking it. Now I am back to not using anything.

Related Reading: ditropan

Comment from: Duke490, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 25

I have been taking Toviaz for the ten days, and I do not see much relief in sight. I still experience frequent urination and, at times, difficulty starting my stream. Also, I cannot ejaculate. I was wondering if any other males, have experienced the inability to ejaculate because I have not seen that side effect listed anywhere for this drug.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 31

I've used Toviaz for 10 days and am VERY satisfied with the effectiveness, compared with Vesicare, Enablex, etc. HOWEVER, I haven't had a full night's sleep in over a week. I hope this isn't because of Toviaz, but I'm afraid it might be. If so, I'll have to discontinue use.

Comment from: LadyBee1959, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 07

I am currently taking Toviaz 4mg and have been on it for a little over a week. IMMEDIATELY my overactive bladder symptons stopped...the urgency to go all the time, leakage (especially at night)...that uncomfortable feeling of always having to go...I did suffer a little constipation but helped that with Dulcolax...also have the dry mouth but I just drink lots of water and suck on hard candies...kinda getting used to that...I recommend Toviaz based on my experience...it feels good to be able to take a long drive without having to stop every 20 minutes to use a bathroom.