Transderm Scop User Reviews

Transderm Scop - User Reviews

Transderm Scop User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Transderm Scop sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Rose, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 12

Vertigo is disabling. Transderm-Scop prevent me from throwing up from naussea. I did not remember a blurred vision when I had it on my first experience a couple years ago. I'm still not sure what else to expect as far as treatment result, so I cannot rate it to be effective. With this treatment overall makes me feel as if I am intoxicated by drinking alcohol. Hand and I coordination is poor and my movement is slugish. My action seems to be behind by 2 seconds.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 21

My daughter's neurologist prescribed this drug for her. She is now very ill with low blood pressure after it was removed after 4 weeks of use for vertigo. This is a very danagerous drug and I can't get anyone to answer my questions about the side effects. BEWARE.

Related Reading: low blood pressure

Comment from: emmalou, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 29

I have terrible motion sickness and I had not flown for 10 years due to this condition. I decided to take a trip to Italy with a friend and used the patch on a recommendation from friends. I did NOT obtain a prescription but got the patches from a relative. But i am sure my doctor would have prescribed it for me, because he was totally surprised when I told him about my reaction. The flight was effortless I felt great. I spent the next 10 days traveling on busses and in the back of a car on windy roads. I NEVER would have survived without the patch which I replaced every 3 days. A few days into the trip I did notice my vision became very blurry. I was unable to read anything without reading glasses. But I did not consider this debilitating enough to stop using the patch. At the end of the trip we planned 2 days in Rome where I removed the patch because I did not plan on any other transportation but walking. About halfway through the first day i began to feel dizzy. I thought it was the heat. But by that evening I was flat on my back in the hotel unable to move. IMy traveling companion was a pharmacist- but she never made the connection until we read the list of side effects. I put another patch on and was ok by the morning. I flew home that day and was absolutely fine. I kept the patch on until it fell off, hoping a slow withdrawal would keep me from experiencing any more side effects. No such luck. Almost exactly 24 hours after the patch fell off I experienced sudden extreme dizziness and intense nausea. I was in bed for 3 full days. When I was able to sleep I had intense and disturbing dreams. My doctor was completely shocked he had never heard of anyone experiencing anything like this!

Comment from: dizzy, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 07

I went on an 8 day cruise and used the patch for the first time. I had no idea about any of the side effects. While on the patch I did notice blurred vision, but recalled reading about that. When I returned home and took the patch off, I have been experiencing balance problems, focusing problems, visions problems (although this has corrected itself thankgoodness) I have muscle weakness. I have been off the patch now for six days and I am wondering if it is ever going to get any better. Something that I thought is worth mentioning, I started my period three days ago --- I just finished my cycle two and a half weeks ago. The patch did allow me to enjoy the cruise, it was easy to apply, but the side effects are hell and are NOT worth it.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 09

I was prescribed this medication by my Primary Care Physician for a honeymoon cruise. I applied patches every 3 days for 2 weeks. Upon our return, I removed the last patch and within 12 hours was flat on my back. I was so dizzy, disoriented that I had to stay motionless on the bed. I continured to vomit for 24 hours straight which sent me to the ER. I spent 12 hours in the ER with an IV, (3) nauseau shots, (2) potassium bags and (1) magnesium bag. I also had a CAT scan thinking my bladder was the cause. The doctor said I had a virus from the cruise, but after reading all the side effects of patch removal after prolonged use, my husband and I believe all of this was due to prolonged patch use and removal. It has now been 8 days and I am no longer vomiting, but I have extreme head/neck aches and am still slightly dizzy/disoriented during the day. I am going back to my doctor and asking why no one warned me of these side effects, if they had I would have sought other options. I have never been so sick in my life. I lost 8 lbs in 3 days due to loss of fluids. I would recommend extremem caution with this drug. Note: the only side effects I had while taking the drug was blurry vision the 1st day of a patch (where I could not read) and extreme cotton-mouth. These I can live with since they were noted on the instructions...the removal side effects were not listed. I am now thinking of reporting this to the FDA.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 14

Second day of wearing the patch, I experienced blurred vision but continued use till cruise ended for a total of 4 days. After removing, vision got worse along with eye strain and feeling light headed. It has been 3 wks, and I have residual eye strain. DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG!!!

Related Reading: eye strain