Transderm Scop User Reviews

Transderm Scop - User Reviews

Transderm Scop User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Transderm Scop sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Jimjud, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 11

I was on a seven day cruise, first time using the patch. Previously used pills for motion sickness. My mouth felt like cotton, chewed gum. When I took the patch off, the next day I woke up dizzy, felt like I was going to throw up and short of breath. It lasted until the next day. I am still a little nauseated, but my vision and breathing is fine. Next cruise, I won't use the patch!

Comment from: Bonnie E., 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 19

This medication was suggested by my travel agent. I got it from my doctor. I used it for 16 days but the day after I removed it I experienced extream motion sickness that lasted for 3 days b/4 I finally was so bad I had to make and emergency appointment with my Dr who diagonsed me with Vertigo. From the ship not the medication, and put me back on the patch to even me out. After two weeks I took my patches off b/c I thought it was gone, but the next day felt the symptoms return and quickly put on another patch. Now I'm convinced my issue is with withdrawal from the patch and not the cruise. I like another write also got my period 3 days into using this product. I've felt hormonally out of wack the entire months I've been on this medication. I'm depressed then happy, blurry vision is constant, sometimes affecting my ability to read, do my job or drive. BUT I can't function with out it right now. I've called my Dr. and expressed my concerns. I even read on one site that the carcinagenic properties of the patch are unproven. IKES! I am awaiting their reply....Any ideas to help...I do not recommend this product to anyone.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 30

My husband & I used this patch for a 4day/3night cruise. The ocean was rough and glad we were wearing this patch. I get motion sickness easily and this was great. I was able to enjoy my trip without being ill. The drawbacks: If you sweat, the patch falls off. My husband placed only the sticky part of a bandaid over it to keep it from falling off (which worked). I experienced the blurred vision after 36 to 48 hours of wearing it. I washed my hands thoroughly, even when changing it. I still experienced the blurred vision. My vision was just like when the optometrist dialates my eyes. I also had dry mouth and just chewed on sugarless gum. My husband and I also experienced red, dry eyes in the mornings. We used over-the-counter eye drops and it went away. However, we had to use it every morning as the red eyes were only in the morning. Once we got home and removed the patch, the blurred vision took about 24 hours to return to normal. I had some dizziness (loopy feeling). My head felt heavy and a slight headache. I was very tired which may or may not be related to the patch. I absolutely HATE to throw-up. So for me, not having to throw up was well worth the side effects.

Related Reading: dry mouth | dry eyes | headache

Comment from: scrapme50, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 23

I have horrible motion sickness when on the water, so I used the patch for our 10 day cruise. I put the first patch on Fri. evening and by Mon. morning, my pupils were HUGE (and yes, I thoroughly washed my hands before and after I put the patch on). I took it off immediately - it took 2 days for them to return to normal. I also had extreme dry mouth. I took BONINE for the rest of the cruise and was fine. Also, about 36 hours after I put the patch on I started my period. I am in menopause and hadn't had a period for 15 months. Although this wasnt't listed as a side effect, I don't think it was a coincidence, especially now that I see that it works by balancing hormones. I will never recommend this patch to anyone.

Related Reading: menopause

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 21

I used the patch for my fourteen day cruise. removed the patch and now I am so sick. Called the 1-800 number on the box and received no help. Will never use this patch again. Not worth it.

Comment from: natshala, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 23

I used the patch to prevent seasickness on a recent cruise. I've used a patch routinely for about the last 9 years on an annual cruise and thought nothing of it. This time, I vomited the first morning even though the seas didn't appear to be especially rough. Was sick about 4 hours. Then, I experienced headaches for the first two days. For the first time ever, when the cruise ended and I removed the patch, I felt seasick. About 18 hours after removing it, I felt depressed, headachey, nauseous and wanted to sleep. Took a few days to get out of my system. After all these years, I'm done with the patch and not sure what I'll do for my next cruise or if there will be one. Could aging have something to do with the after effects of this patch since I never had this in the past? Now I'm afraid to use it and afraid not to.

Comment from: WESTERENGH, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 07

I have used Transderm Scop for several years on very many cruises, because I normally suffer from motion sickness of all sorts. The patch has always helped enormously and the only side effect have been a very dry mouth. Only once have I had the misery after returning from a cruise described elsewhere - awful. Therefore, I am wondering whether to abandon the use of the patch on the next cruise.

Related Reading: Transderm Scop