Tranxene User Reviews

Tranxene - User Reviews

Tranxene User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tranxene sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 02

I have never had any drug work as well as this one. I am very sensitive to medication. And this drug is like a miracle for me. No side effects at all. It is excellent for my panic attacks, and ocd problems. I would highly recommend this medication. It beats all the other newer drugs I have taken for panic disorder and ocd. I'm still me, but the anxiety is gone, gone, gone. Thank You God !

Related Reading: panic attacks | anxiety

Published: February 07

Works great for me and does not cause any grogginess; it simply calms. For once a medication that does what it's designed to do.

Comment from: Gods Favorite, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 31

This drug worked better mainly because it had no hafter effect. I could take it and not feel groggy later. It works really well for me.

Comment from: MINDSCI, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 08

I have been taking Tranxene (Clorazepate 7.5mg T.I.D) for over a year now. I started it for Chronic Anxiety & Stress Over-Reactivity. It has worked extremely well. Moreover, it has not lost its effectiveness at the same dose- no tolerance! Within 2 weeks of starting Tranxene I noticed my fingernails had started to grow out! I had always bitten them all off till they bled since I was 4-5 years old. I no longer dread answering the door or phone, nor have ruminating anxious thoughts. The Tranxene is also an Anti-Seizure Medication; consequently, it allowed me to drop Lamictal, a Sodium Channel Blocker, from my Seizure Med List. The Lamictal and all the Sodium Channel Blockers (Tegretol, Trieptal, etc.) always caused me too much Cognitive Fogging. Tranxene is a PRODRUG which is quickly converted to NorDiazepam, a Benzodiazepine, which has a half life of 45-75 hours. As such, steady state levels of Nordiazepam are reached within several days of initial dosing. In my experience, there is No "Cognitive Fogging"; No "High", No "Amnesiac Effect",and No "Sedative/Hypnotic Effect" which are all to common with other Benzodiazepine drugs. As a Neuroscientist I cannot tolerate the Side Effects of any of the more commonly prescribed Anxiolytics and Anti-epileptics. It's too bad the Vast Majority of M.D.'s are not aware that TRANXENE and some other Benzodiazepines are not very addictive- contrary to popular "Medical Community" belief. See: Textbook of Psychopharmacology American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc.; 4 edition (May 6, 2009) Pages: 474-478.

Related Reading: Tranxene | Stress | Seizure

Comment from: papito, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 22

you take it and slowly the anxiety goes away without you even realizing it.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 08

After being prescribed different anti-anxiety medications I was told there was one older medication that might work. That was the beginning for me in a life free of anxiety. I don't like feeling the effects of benzo's! It was great to take a medication that did not make me feel different in any "except" I didn't feel anxious that part was just gone. I have not had to change my dosage, not undergone the typical need for higher dosing - it just plain works.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 18

when i take it i feel a lot better and calm

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 20

seizures

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 04

I have felt very relieved from my anxiety.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 03

I have tried a lot of anxiety medication and this one by farmanaged my anxiety the best.

Comment from: IndyMan, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 18

This drug has been a miracle for me. If you are suffering high levels of anxiety, please go see your doctor. I waited years before taking action and am now living a completely different life. No negative side effects. Just very calming with no noticeable side effects for me.