Tranxene User Reviews

Tranxene - User Reviews

Tranxene User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tranxene sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: rj, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: November 11

my husband takes this and he needs something to replace it. medicare does not pay for this drug.

Comment from: dae13, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 17

i've been on other benzo's for years and this one has seemed to work quite well so far easy to take and fast acting. doesn't cause me to be groggy either like xanax did and ativan just stopped working for me

Related Reading: xanax | ativan

Comment from: 2brn2b, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 28

Was on 3.75 MG for mild anxitey and to help lower blood pressure. After 3 0r 4 days I began to feel depressed and sad this was followed by days of crying jags as though the worst thing in the world had happened. It took three weeks before my son suggested he noticed the change beginning after I had started the medication. Discussed with my dr., he said this is an unusual, but reported side effect for some. Quit medication have slowly returned to my "normal" anxious state.

Comment from: MT4, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 14

I have taken this med on & off with no side effects what so ever. It helps me with my anxiety & panic attacks. It's the best med I have ever taken.

Comment from: vjtesitor, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 18

I was put on this in 1982 when my blood pressure spiked because of divorce. I took it daily for about 4 years with no adverse effects, slept like a baby! Quit taking it with no withdrawls at all. In 1990 I had a hysterectomy and asked my doctor to prescribe it again. They will only give me 30 at a time but has not been a problem. I get a new prescription for it about every year and a half. I only take it when I am really stressed and it works like a charm! I had been given antidepressants since my female surgery for "hot flashes" which they did nothing for me except make me depressed! I weened myself off the last one, Zoloft, about a month ago only because I could not afford to go to the doctor and get a new script. I found that when I was totally off of it my emotional state improved 100%!!! The tranxene has helped with a few of those withdrawl jitters but only took a few. Love the stuff!!!

Related Reading: antidepressants | hot flashes | Zoloft

Comment from: Margie, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 02

I have taken this medicine for 20 years the only problem is that Medicare will not cover it. I don't think I would, at this point, want to take anything else because it works so well without ANY side effects. I am allergic to many meds so this is a blessing.

Comment from: Sha, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 06

It helps sometimes, I suffer from anxiety and sudden panic attacks.It usally helps more with the panic attacks.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 08

The following day I experience crying and deep depression,it is not a drug for me I have a very sensitive nervous system an I have to be careful with what I take. I'm glad it works for others, but it is on a list of 34 medications that I can not take.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: snydejm, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 01

made me a litte drowsy at first, but works great now. Only problem is I never want to have a social drink anymore. Never had a drinking problem, but liked to drink a couple times a year, but not now. ha ha

Comment from: candy, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 04

I been on tranxene 7.5mg for 35 years,this is the only medication.I very satisfied with it.

Comment from: boxerdogs3, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 14

I have been a worrier and anxious since childhood. I started taking this medication in my later teen years. I am 51 now and still occasionally take it. It has helped me tremendously. I have not ever noticed any side effects. If I do not take it for a while I dont have any withdrawals from it. I would recommend trying this med first for anxiety before taking the newer ones.