Travatan User Reviews

Travatan - User Reviews

Travatan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Travatan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: maggie, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 27

It took me four weeks to figure out my uncomfortable side effects were from this drug, i.e.,upset stomach with gastro intestinal issues; change of bowel color every two days, chest pains (I thought it was heartburn), and I became very anxious. I have not had my IOP checked yet to see if 5 wks of the med helped. My doc is switching me to Timolol, a beta blocker. We shall see. I'm a little dubious, but I will try the new drug.

Related Reading: heartburn

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 22

My ocular pressures were were 25/26, normal 11-21. After using Travatan (1 drop each eye/night), my pressures were lowered to 14 and 16. Lazer surgery is one of my options, but I can handle one drop a day.

Related Reading: Travatan

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 31

This medication has caused me to experience redness of eye, itching, watery eyes, feeling like something is in the eye and sensitivity to light. It has made using the computer more difficult especially when reading.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 12

appears making blood sugar rise after taking only two weeks. as to ratings above not sure too soon to know,disregard

Comment from: elsa, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 10

my eye itchiness gone and no more headache

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: HelenElizabeth, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 01

I have been on this drug for a week now. The side effects that effected me were blurriness (hard to read road signs) and after I put it in, the drops seem to go into my throat and nose, then my nose starts running. I have to go back to dr in two weeks, so I don't know if my pressure has been lowered, so its hard for me to rate it.

Comment from: Cindy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 03

This medication made my eyes very red, itchy and swelling around my eyes. I looked like I had "Vampire" eyes and it affected my breathing (SOB)as I have Asthma. Now using oral Glaucoma med that works great. Yes, longer lashes but at what cost to my health. This is same med advertized for longer lashes.

Related Reading: Asthma | Glaucoma

Comment from: Greeny, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 13

Worked fine for first 6 months. Pressures went from mid 20's to high teens. After a year pressures are up in the high 20's. Seems to lose effectiveness after a year.

Related Reading: teens

Comment from: Diane, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 29

My eye pressure was up to 23 and the dr. put me on xalatan. Very bad side effects. Went with out meds and pressure went high. Dr. asked me to try travatan and I have been very pleased. No blood shot eyes,red eye lids or sensitivity to light. The only thing I have noticed is my eye lashes have gotten longer which for me is a good thing. I go back for my check up in 2 weeks and hope the pressure is down so I can stay on this med.

Related Reading: xalatan

Comment from: ojitos, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 10

I am experiencing hair growth under the eye, high on cheek where tears leak after putting in the drop. Very fine hair. Also the eye using the drops, eyelashes longer and darker than other eye. Anyone have this?

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.