Travatan User Reviews

Travatan - User Reviews

Travatan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Travatan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: cactusflower, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 16

I have been using the drops for about two weeks. I have had very bad reactions to the drug which ended up putting me in the hospital with severe chest pains. Doctor has taken me off but my liver enzeymes are high and I have to have more testing.

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 01

In one week my pressures went down 5 points. The only concern I have is in the 2nd week ,I am getting red blotches under my eyes. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Comment from: annie306, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 11

Until I read someone else's review I didn't realize that the terrible GI problems I started having were due to the Travatan. Terrible upset stomach, flatulence and diarrhea to the point where I'm afraid to leave the house.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: MARK, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 23

DRADYCARDIA WAS EXPERIENCED BY ME. I AM AN DISTANCE RUNNER WHO SUFFERS FROM P.S.V.T . I AM ON ''TAMBOCOR''WHICH IS WORKING FINE I AM TRAINING AND RACING AGAIN. AFTER TAKING TRAVATAN FOR 13 DAYS I HAD A HARD RUNNING AND MY H.R. WAS AROUND 21 BPM SLOWER THAN NORMAL.

Related Reading: TAMBOCOR

Comment from: Cine, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 22

Although the drug has been effective in correcting my eye pressures, I have had a reaction to it. It has made my face break out and I was wondering if anyone els had this reaction?!! If so, how did you treat the rash?

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: Cheryl, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 25

Bad experience with Travatan Z. Although the drops didn't burn, my eye became fiery red and about 2 hours after instillation, I developed severe eye pain - a throbbing ache. The eye felt bruised, like I'd been punched in the eye. Also had severe sensitivity to light. No visual problem. Happened each of the 4 days I used it, so it didn't get better with time. Now on a different med.

Related Reading: Travatan Z

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 28

Has decreasd pressure in both eyes but one eye is itchy and sometimes crusty, also have burning redness on skin under eye this eye.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 13

Travatan has been effective for me for the last two years with the reduction in the pressure,but with side effects like itching and redness in the eye. However, recently my wife noticed hair growth under my eyes. I did not believe that Travatan did it until I read one of the reviewers had the same effects. Not sure what to do now until I see my doctor next month.

Comment from: Mark 1000000, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 10

Worked fine in lowering the pressure in my eyes (from late 20s/30) to 14/15 but I experienced growth of eye lashes (not that this can categorically be attributed to the taking of this drug) to the extent that they made my eyes sore and red (apart from looking very feminine!). For anybody else suffering similarly, try cutting eye lashes with nail scissors. Not easy but did the trick for me. Changed to another drug. A shame.

Comment from: bigsmrtn, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 28

My husband diagnosed w/Glaucoma Travatan z decreased the pressure but he has eye irritability bad gas and dizziness and eye redness and eye dryness will see if diff drug can have less side effects.

Related Reading: dizziness

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.