Treanda User Reviews

Treanda - User Reviews

Treanda User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Treanda sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 2TONTONY, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 13

EXTENSIVE MOUTH SORES, DIFFICULTY IN JOINING IN DAILY ACTIVITIES.EATING,SLEEPING, VERY UNCOMFORTABLE

Comment from: Charlie, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 30

The only problem as greatly increased urination during nightime, and loss of sleep from this.

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 16

Warning- Do not take with allopurinol. Company has reported 1 death from Stephens Johnson syndrome- skin disease.

Comment from: Bob, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 14

I experienced lots of fatigue after each of the first two treatments. I could fall asleep just sitting and I did it all the time. I did not expect the nadir to begin immediately so it was hard to deal with. Treatments are every three weeks for two one hour treatments. Next one is this week. Ugh.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: alesu, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 06

The first 3 treatments were easy, only a day and a half of nausea and 5-7 days of fatigue. I needed the neulasta shot after my 4th, counts not recovering as well. Also after the 4th the fatigue held on for almost 3 weeks. Still functioned fine, just not as enthusiastically. Still have my hair, and no mouth sores so far, 2 more to go. Before my 3rd treatment we did a scan and no sign of disease, seems to be working.

Related Reading: neulasta

Comment from: will be back, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 25

Have had 3 2 day treatments so far. Low WBC counts-waiting on those to come back up. No real problems with this drug, other than some fatigue. It really helps to drink lots of water-6 to 10 bottles a day. I call it Chemo-light.

Comment from: Louise, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 14

The biggest side effect I have experienced is extreme fatigue. The first treatment took about one week to recover; the second treatment has taken almost two weeks. I will find out next week if I will have a 3rd. The first Neulasta shot gave me spasms of pain controlled by Tylenol. The second was insignificant as far as side effects go but kept my counts up. I have had slight nausea, loss of appetite with the Treanda and hope the scans next week prove it is working.

Related Reading: Tylenol | Treanda

Comment from: Kittylouise, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 19

My husband was Dx in Jan 2004 with MCL. Since that time he has been give many different treatments. The Treadra was started in July since aggressive tumors (12 CM in Chest) returned. He has recieved 3 cycles with Rituxin as the 1st day followed by 2 days of Treanda with a follow up Neulasta shot. He has extreme fatique, poor appetite, and weight loss. The upside is his Petscan 2 weeks ago (after 2 cycles) shows tumors shrinking drastically. He has low platelets (15,000) most of the time and has been given a reduced dosage of Treanda. He will have at least 6 cycles and hopefully knock it completely down to an indolent state. This is the best response we have seen of all drugs he has been give.

Comment from: eloner5110, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 26

Started my treatment of cll with treanda and Rituxan. My wbc count was 383. after four rounds of treanda with rituxan, i'm down to wbc of 5. minimal side effects. It's been good!

Related Reading: Rituxan

Comment from: War weary, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 15

After 8 years of watchful waiting including about 4 years on Chorambucil, I got put on Treanda. The % of leukemic cells went from 62-65% down to 17% after only 4 treatments. Had no side effects, did not lose any hair. I don't know how long the good news will continue because I only got 4 of the 6 recommended treatments before my insurance (COBRA) ran out, but I feel good and now pay for a port flush and a blood check every 6 weeks. My white cells count was very low, but hopefully will improve. Doc said I may not need 6 treatments because 4 did very well. We will see.

Comment from: beeuuu, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 09

i just started this med,im a 39 yr old male been through chemo n 05 also,its my 3rd day i have felt very very good,better than 05 treatment