Trental User Reviews

Trental - User Reviews

Trental User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Trental sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Robbie, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 12

When I first began this medication, it made me very dizzy, so instead of taking it 3 times a day, I took it 2 times a day--once in the evening and once the next morning. The symptoms began subsiding (skin breakouts, itching, allergic flare-ups). I had been in severe pain. Once I began the medication, the pain was GREATLY reduced in approximately 4 weeks. The pain lessened as time when on. By 8 weeks, the pain was almost gone. Then it plateaued and stayed there as slight pain. By then I had taken 90 days' worth of the tablets. Since my prescription was still open, I ordered another refill of 90. I am still having slight pain, which is exacerbated when I walk steps or climb hills, but it is MUCH better than it was! I couldn't even walk at all! I will continue to take the medication, and am scheduled to see my doctor in about a month to see what he says. I am a 65-year-old black female, and diabetic. Hope this helps someone.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 31

It seems to help me, I take so many other medications, so I'm not sure of their full affect.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 12

I have been taking this drug for the past 15 years and it has helped me. I have been trying to gem my prescription refilled and the drug store told me it is no longer made. I have read the posts and there a quite a few in the same boat as me and no one seems to know why and what will replace it. If anyone has any info gets any info on this please post it.

Comment from: slcalcut, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 10

experienced low blood pressure

Related Reading: low blood pressure

Comment from: chris, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 23

I'm taking Trental for Peyronies disease. I suffer from SVT which I told my dr. After 2 doses of Trental (1 night, 1 next AM), I suffered the worse SVT attack in years. My heart beat was weak, unable to correct itself and I felt faint as a result. Doing my normal corrective techniques I got it under control. 24 hrs later I'm still not right but getting better. For me, I have to stop taking Trental. Given my experience I would suggest SVT sufferers take heed when considering Trental.

Related Reading: Trental

Comment from: 45-54 Female Published: April 23

For those of you looking for info on Trental. I checked into this for my mom. The drug is backordered. I found nothing which stated from Sanofi-Aventis, or the FDA that the drug was discontinued. Hang in their.

Comment from: jmaybe, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 11

I have been told by my pharmacist that the company is no longer making this medication. My personal physician knows nothing about this. Does anyone have any information on this? Is there a substitute medication?

Comment from: potra57, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 27

I've had no side effects or problems with this medication.I 've been taking 400mg. 3 timees daily for thr past 9 years.When I went to get my refill today,the farmacy said their not recieving it.I had my husband call his farmacy and 3 others in another area.2 said it was discontinued and the other just didn't have it.Does anyone know if it really has been discotinued? I don't like changes especially with something that 's worked good with no side effects.I take alot of meds.They all get along well.I don't want to risk changing that.

Comment from: kathyanightingale@yahoo.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 16

company has discontinued product what is compatible to this drug

Comment from: trental, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 24

severe dizziness on occasion