Trental User Reviews

Trental - User Reviews

Trental User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Trental sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: kybecky29, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 02

This medication has worked for me for over 20 years.

Comment from: juliegirl441, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 21

I have also been told that Trental and Pentoxifylline are not being made any longer. Why??? This medication works. I tried Plavix once and it gave me terrible pains in my legs. Can we get the manufacturer to please make this medication??/

Related Reading: Plavix

Comment from: Cxanthlvr, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 16

I have been taking this drug for 3yrs with great relief of my leg cramping! But,over the last 3 months my pharmacy and others have been unable to acquire it from the manufacturer.It is always on backorder!It's terrible not being able to get the drug that has helped you feel and live better! What is going on that the drug manufacturer is not supplying this to the pharmacies???

Comment from: billyp, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 20

I have been taking this drug for scleraderma for 25 years. It eliminated the ulcers on my fingers and as far as I am concerned is a Godsend. It certainly is available.

Comment from: zatatz33, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 05

I have taken Trental for several years,and have had no side effects. My pharmacist told me that it had been discontiued. They gave me Pentoxifylline, after taking them for a few days, I noticed that I was getting a headache so I stopped taking them.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: always hopeful, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 11

I have ringing in the ears. I was told by a doctor I had to live with this condition. I was not going to settle for this. I went and saw the best doctor in the country for my condition,and he gave me this drug to take. It has helped me so much and my ringing in my ears is almost gone. Always get a second opinion.I hope this helps helps someone.

Comment from: goldieann13, on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 08

brittle nails , ever since i took it, read somewhere it causes the nails to be brittle

Comment from: potra57, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 11

I have been taking Trental for 11 and 1/2 years and have had no side effects that I know of.I take alot of meds. so all I know is that latetly it's not been working to well.I'm on the highest dose.Don't know if maybe I need more excercise.I get terrible cramping and pain at night.Oh and for those of you who are worried about it disappering from the market..don't worry it just gets scarce from time to time...

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 29

Woe the agitation that has come on from on set of this drug. Will it go away?

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 21

taken for 15 years with no side effects

Comment from: afifriend@aol.com, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 28

81 year old male has an occluded abdominal aorta with very poor circulation in both legs for over 19 years. Trental seems to help prevent severe cramping while walking even though I can only walk short distance. I have not had any side effects that I am aware. I take 3 pills w/food 3 times per day.

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 10

HAD LEG CRAMPS. GONE NOW.

Comment from: myjoyznhim, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 01

My dermatologist prescribed this medication to help with a not so common skin condition, GA, and it worked wonders after 2 months of 400mg 3xdaily. Then my condition started to get bad again but I did not know that smoking (which I started up again recently)decreases the efficiency of the drug dramatically. I wish the doctor would have told me this before I started the medication but don't know if that is the total reason why my treatment failed. I am still taking it but am doubtful as to it's beneficial. I have had trouble in the past filling this prescription, but my pharmacist checked another pharmacy and they had it in, otherwise, no problems getting the medication. Is there anyone else out there that has an usual experience with this medication that effects their skin or other side effects? I hope this helps someone.

Related Reading: smoking