Treximet User Reviews

Treximet - User Reviews

Treximet User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Treximet sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 05

I get daily migraines - this drug works wonderfully - less side effects (tightness, etc.) than imitrex. I would highly recommend asking if you can try this if you suffer from migraines of any sort.

Related Reading: imitrex

Comment from: kimknicker, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 04

It took away the pain of my migraine however my neck and shoulders are very stiff and there is a slight tightness in my chest, i guess you have to out weigh the side affects to if it is worth taking. I'd rather have the side effects than the headache

Related Reading: migraine | headache

Comment from: Britt26, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 25

I can't believe it! I finally found a migraine treatment that works! It did make me sleep for 7 1/2 hours, but I'd take that over suffering from another food allergy induced migraine any day!

Related Reading: sleep | food allergy

Comment from: 55-64 (Patient) Published: July 21

I had been having severe headaches almost constantly for a coouple of weeks and the nurse practitioner gave me a same of the treximet to take the next time time I got one. I endured about 7-8 more before I took this medicine. About 25 minutes after I took the medication, my ears and base of my skull starting burning. The "fire" crept on up the back of my head, across the top and around the front until my whole head felt on fire and huge. I felt like I couldn't walk or anything because my head was much too large and heavy for my body. I got nauseated and thought I was going to pass out. I had to go to bed with a cold washcloth on my head and lay perfectly still. This lasted about an hour. It was over 3 hours from the time I took the medication until I felt nearly normal again. It did eliminate the headache but it certainly was not worth the consequences. I never want to go through anything like that again.

Related Reading: treximet

Comment from: betteroffblu, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 19

My neurologist gave me some samples to try out since imetrex and zomig did not work. When my migraines get really bad I would have to go get a shot of demeral and toradol at not even that would do much. I tried treximel today for the first time and all I can say is WOW! it worked. I took less than a hour and it my migraine was gone. I was also lucky enough to not get any side effects except for energy...I have headaches every day and I can honestly say I went a day with out a migraine.

Related Reading: zomig | toradol

Comment from: CClark, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 17

Really gets rid the migraine fast. I have never had anything work so quickly. However, there was alot of sleepiness and nausea with it.

Comment from: cjr5077, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 23

I have been suffering from headaches and migraines for almost four years. I have tried butalbital, midrin, imitrex and now treximet. By far it is the best. It works quickly and much fewer side effects than the imitrex. It did leave me feeling sleepy, but that is much better than the pain anyday.

Related Reading: midrin

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 14

Treximet makes my neck/jaw/chest/arms feel VERY tight and VERY heavy, and the pain radiates up from my neck into my head, making the migraine much WORSE, not better. I took one and will never take another again. Switching back to maxalt ASAP.

Related Reading: maxalt

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.