Tri-Sprintec User Reviews

Tri-Sprintec - User Reviews

Tri-Sprintec User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tri-Sprintec sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: REese, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 01

I am on the second day with Tr-Sprintec. I have never used this drug before. I am very depressed. I find myself crying over little things. I have very dark urine and it is foul-smelling. i have yellowish vaginal secretions. i do not like this drug. i prefer Trinessa.

Related Reading: Sprintec | Trinessa

Comment from: Kato, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 06

I read large numbers of reviews for birth control before I began taking it. To be honest, I was frightened by all the negative reviews for Tri-Sprintec. Then I remembered something I learned in my business degree: the very dissatisfied are the loudest. I vowed at that point no matter what my experience was, I would write a review. I began taking Tri-Sprintec in January 4 months before my wedding. I chose not to tell my fiance when I started so that if he noticed hormonal mood swings, I would know that this was not the right pill for me. I had no emotional problems. I'd struggled with acne all though high school and college. Tri-Sprintec continues to clear my skin. I have had no weight gain or issues that others have reported. My cramps which used to be very severe and almost gone and can be marginalized with OTC pain killers. My only complaint is that the pharmacy keeps changing the pills that I'm on. First it was Tri-Nessa, Then Tri-Preventum, Then Tri-Sprintec. It's hard to keep track of what prescription I am taking. Last, be aware. One of those three was changed due to recall. The sheet of pills had been placed in upside down. I now pay attention to make sure that color the inactive pills are supposed to be is the color that they are so I don't take the wrong week. Overall, I'm very satisfied, and I'm not pregnant after 6 months of marriage, which was my main reason for choosing birth control.

Comment from: cls007, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 15

I must say, I was reluctant and somewhat scared to start Tri-Sprintec after all the horror stories I read. I'm almost on my 4th week now, and I'm pleasantly suprised! Into the 3rd week my skin became almost flawless. I'm not pregnant. I haven't gained any weight, nothing beyond gaining and losing 3 lbs which is a normal fluctuation for me. I'll sometimes take it in conjunction with 5-HTP (a natural and very effective supplement you can get at any wal-mart), with makes me more than sunshine-y happy and controls my appetite. It works for some, doesn't for others. For only 9 bucks a month I'd say it's well worth your investment to find out!!

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 20

I have been on Tri-Sprintec for 4 months now and have had no issues with it. I was on Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo before but switched because of the expense. I have no nausea, no headaches, and best of all no pregnancy. On Tri-Sprintec my periods are slightly shorter than they used to be and I have hardly any cramping, whereas before going on the pill I had horrible cramps for the first two days. I would recommend this birth control pill.

Related Reading: Ortho Tri-cyclen

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 18

I have been on Tri-Sprintec for about a year and have had very few problems. I actually feel more chill and less likely to erupt over silly things. I'm a little more likely to cry over sappy chick-flicks, but before I was on this BC crying over a film was extremely unlikely for me. I will occasionally feel nauseated, but it's never severe and never lasts very long. My periods are predictable, short, and light, which makes this BC a godsend as my periods prior were heavy and unbearably painful. I don't have a hard time remembering to take the pill at all; all I did was program an alarm in my phone to go off at the same time every day and since I always have my cell on me (as I'm sure most women do these days) I really don't have an excuse to forget. My acne has always been bad, but with this BC it is much easier to control than it used to be. I haven't gained any weight, at my last check-up my Dr. actually commented on my weight loss since starting the pill. I haven't had any pregnancy scares. My sex-drive is completely satisfactory for me and my boyfriend. And at $9 a month I really can't complain.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 26

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. I have been on this birth control for 6 months now and I don't have a single complaint. I originally took it to clear my skin and it has done that. A pimple might pop up during the week of my period but that's it. I'm not moody and have not gained weight. My boobs have grown a little, nothing drastic, but I'm not complaining about that. I don't cramp during my period or PMS. My periods come on the days they are supposed to and they don't last long.

Comment from: jami, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 22

I have been on this pill for 4 years. NO sideaffects. Skin is clearer than ever! When I was in high school I had horrible periods. With this pill, cramps are better, less bleeding!