Tri-Sprintec User Reviews

Tri-Sprintec - User Reviews

Tri-Sprintec User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tri-Sprintec sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: MrsP1206, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 30

It never occurred to me that all of my problems root from a single pill. Because of problems in my marriage, I began researching a single symptom ... no sex drive. Results were stress, medications, and possibly HSDD. I didn't want to go worst case scenario. I hate limited space in comments, ugh. I'm not stressed except for the fact that I dont want sex & its driving a wedge between me & my husband. So i started researching the side effects of the only medication I'm on ...this stupid pill. The only good thing about this pill is that i'm still alive & i didnt get pregnant. My side effects are: nausea, occasional severe headaches that leave me bed ridden-but are not migraines, bloating, dizziness, vaginal discomfort due to dryness & irritation, acne & blotchy skin-i've always had great skin, spotting & missed or heavy periods, cant wear contacts, water retention, weight gain, shortness of breath, confusion, swelling/warmth in calf muscles, tingling/weakness/numbness in arms & hands, lack of coordination, vision changes, a lump in my breast-unexplained by dr's & tests, mental/mood changes-depression-i was misdiagnosed with being bipolar and schizophrenic, sleeplessness, tiredness-no urge to move at all, hot all the time, no sex drive, irritable, hungry but no appetite satisfaction, anti-social behavior, etc. I've come up with so many side effects I've quit looking for them. Its too many. I'm not even going to finish my pill pack. I'm not even taking a pill tonight. when my sex drive comes back my husband can wear a condom. Although he said he would get snipped so i wouldnt worry. these side effects have created so many problems in my life, if i wouldve been able to think clearly i may have been able to figure it out, but that was one of the side effects. i will quit ranting now. thank you.

Related Reading: stress | dizziness | depression

Comment from: ccny778, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 28

While I agree with many of the other commenters that everyone's body is different and everyone's reaction to this pill will be different, I still feel compelled to share to maybe help put others at ease who might feel that this drug is being strange. I have been on this pill since March. At preventing pregnancy, at regulating my cycle and at lightening my period (on the last one I was on I was bleeding for like two and half weeks out my cycle), this pill has worked for me and been spot on. However, the side effects are troubling. Fortunately, I have had no issues with sex drive or crazy mood swings, but I did have other issues. At the beginning, acne was horrible. Now, 7 months later, clear as crystal. I have also gained about 15 pounds. Not cute. I am also constantly bloated and gassy. Even more not cute. My boobs are bigger (bonus), but I feel sort of large all over so that sort of doesn't make it as enjoyable. My period also comes like clockwork, but my periods are getting lighter and lighter each month. My last period lasted for two days (TWO!!!) and it was super easy. I hope this helps some people are having similar symptoms and want to feel less alone.

Comment from: tmack831, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 27

i am on the third pack of this bc and i like it.. no side effects and it has helped my acne... so i do recomend it!!!

Comment from: meliposa, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 08

I've been taking this for over a year, after switching from Ortho tricyclen Lo, and have had no side effects, and have not gotten pregnant yet.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 06

I have been on this pill for over three years. I have never had any problems with it. I began taking it when I was 19 so I am not sure if my acne cleared up because I grew up or if the pill helped to clear it up. All in all, I have been pleases with the results.

Comment from: sarah, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 31

I feel great on this birth control - my mood is not at all affected, nor is my libido. Plus it is not expensive since it is generic. It also helps clear up my skin. The only problem I had at first was not tolerating my contacts well, but after a couple months they are totally fine now.

Comment from: lovesshoes86, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 08

I have been taking this for 2 months now and I am 5'2 and weigh 120 and so far have not gained any weight, I do eat pretty healthy but I don't really exercise like I should. The main reason I am on this is for birth control. However, I was doing some research and learned that some people take this for acne too, so I thought why not give it a try and plus it is only 9 bucks a pack. My doctor was originally wanting to start me on seasonique but I just did not feel comfortable taking it. I have found that on the third row of pills I get really painful under skin or cystic acne on my jawline in which I have never had before! I am still going to give this time and hope that it continued to prevent pregnancy and help with my acne. I know that everyone is different and so I'm just going to give it a few more months and hope that this helps with my hormonal acne. Has anyone else experienced cystic acne while on this pill?

Related Reading: seasonique