Tri-Sprintec User Reviews

Tri-Sprintec - User Reviews

Tri-Sprintec User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tri-Sprintec sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: rerosado, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 18

I have been on this pill for 2 months. Before this, I was using Aviane and for the last two week that I used it, I had frequent breakthrough bleeding and it lasted for the last 2 weeks. It also made me loose my sex drive. My first period on Tri-Sprintec was awful (painful cramps, heavy bleeding & every other PMS symptom). But; I toughed it out and thought its probably because its my first month, ill give it a few more months. Well, my second period (this month) is AWESOME! I thought I was late and got scared but my period came on the second day of my sugar pills. It was very very light (little to nothing) and I had no PMS symptoms. I hope it continues to work this way. Just a note - if you have a bad first month, give it a few months to adjust your hormones. Every womans body is different so my experience could be the exact opposite for you.

Related Reading: Aviane

Comment from: Cate, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 06

i have been on tri-sprintec for 3 years now. i've read a lot of negative posts about this pill, but for me it's been WONDERFUL. i haven't experienced any of the negative side effects everyone is complaining about. no nausea, no moodiness, no bloating...no nothing. it's been great for regulating my period and i no longer experience painful cramping (a wonderful bonus). in addition, i've lost close to 20lbs from it...most of it came off the first year i started taking it and i've stayed at a constant weight since then (no fluctuations up or down). i'm unsure why everyone hates it so much, i guess it's because everyone's body responds differently to prescription drugs. i'm just so lucky ortho tri-sprintec agrees so well with me!

Comment from: 19-24 (Patient) Published: October 09

I started this pill almost a year ago. The first day I took it I woke up very sick in the middle of the night. Had slight nausea for the first couple months. Around month 4 I started having mood swings. They got increasingly worse. I want to cry over the most insignificant things, and have a very short temper. Some days I just wake up mad and stay that way. This is NOT my normal disposition AT ALL! It makes me feel like I'm losing my mind. I have also experienced a big decrease in sex drive. It did make my boobs bigger, which is fine, but I have been unable to lose any weight despite getting exercise and eating healthier than I ever have in my life. It took a while but I seem to be having fewer breakouts. Ever since I started I have had light spotting between the 2nd and 3rd week of pills. It is very affordable, which as a student is great. It has also been effective, however I am asking my doctor for other options because I am fed up with the mood swings. I'm tired of feeling like a crazy person.

Comment from: Kat 79, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 25

This is generic of Ortho Tri Cyclen. It only costs me $9.99 a month which is awesome. I am 30 years old with some acne it works well. I have no side effects at all. No breakthrough bleeding, nausea, weigh gain. I was on Yaz for 1 year, terrible headaches on a daily basis and breast soreness. I tried Femcon for 5 months and I had non stop breakthrough bleeding and I was going bald. You should give 3-4 months for your body to adjust. So unless you have some serious side effects I would ignore bad reviews about people who only have been on any bc for few days or just weeks.

Related Reading: Yaz