Triamcinolone Ointment User Reviews

Triamcinolone Ointment - User Reviews

Triamcinolone Ointment User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Triamcinolone Ointment sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: angluvcats, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 26

All my life I have had Eczema I always looked like chopped liver and would get made fun of or asked what happened are you OK? I was sick of it. One time I went to the Dr. I had, had an allergic reaction to something that gave me hives. He prescribed this medication. I Used it and the itching stopped I started using it on my eczema and the itching stopped and it went away. I use it once a day after shower where I itch. Haven't had a break out in years.

Related Reading: Eczema | liver | hives

Comment from: dhughes, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 30

After seeing 7 or 8 different clinic doctors over a period of FOUR MONTHS,(they did biopsy's, but still scratched their heads) finally got in to a dermatologist via referral. Was given this ointment, have only been using it for a week now, so it may work to get rid of the "rash" eventually, but for now it has only aided in reducing the swelling and smooth out the rough dry skin. I am somewhat concerned about using it as often as told, since my 2 inch rash (in the beginning) now covers 90% of my body! So, I'm hoping that within the next couple of weeks, it will continue to help, and get rid of this most irritating (ITCHY) RASH!

Related Reading: rash | dry skin

Comment from: JSR014, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 29

I had a small patch of extremely dry, itchy, flaky skin that developed on my wrist after swimming in the ocean. I put hydorcoridisone cream on it occassionally. After 2 months it was still there. This medicine cleared it up in about two weeks. My doctor also told me to use it on my nuckles in the winter, because the get really dry, crack, and itch even if I use lotion. It has worked wonders there too!!!

Comment from: gemgal604, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 09

Extremely pleased with Triamcinolone cream. We prefer it in cream, and not in the vasaline like ointment. I was finally prescribed this for my son's eczema. He had a red dry spot on his chin for months on end. He then started to get a few spots behind his knees.After several doctor appointments and other time wasting remedies the doctor prescribed this cream. It worked wonders. I was told not to use it on his face but I gave in and that spot on his face immediately disappeared! I was relieved. Who wants thier kid with a mysterious sore on his face! I know it has a steroid, but we were desperate. Use sparingly and it does the job. I now seem to get a few spots of itchy eczema and it works like a charm. Takes the itch away immediately and rash away within a short time.

Related Reading: Triamcinolone cream

Comment from: kjwike, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 13

I have severe eczema - starting in childhood and I am now 25 and still suffer from it. I was put on triamcinolone steroid cream when I was a child which worked, what I thought was, wonders. The itching red spots disappeared within days, and my mother and I were very excited. My mother specifically asked if there were any side effects to be worried about from a steroid especially thinning of the skin - and we were told not to worry. I have always been fit and never over weight, but my sophomore year of high school I began showing stretch marks on my inner thighs...the only explanation I have is the steroid cream did indeed thin my skin so much over the years that when I grew my skin didn't have enough elasticity left to stretch without stretch marks. The problem with steroid cream is that it works, and it works very well, but there are consequences. I would not recommend using it in children unless it is only for a short period of time, or on a small area of skin. (I was applying cream over basically all of my body) I hope this helps, and good luck to everyone!

Related Reading: itching | stretch marks

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 04

Nothing else over the counter worked. and some even seem to inflame the rash worse. this stuff works immediatly and sparingly.

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 13

I had a really bad break out of Eczema covering my arms sholders and forarms It got so bad my work was asking me to not work untill it was better. being a cook people dont like open sores and peeling around their food. This took it away in a week It was 50% better after the first 2 days of use. ONLY thing bad is it is a tad oily so to use then get dressed is a tad annoying. other then that 10/10