Tricor User Reviews

Tricor - User Reviews

Tricor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tricor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: chrissy_girl, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 06

It lowered my Triglycerides but caused a drug interaction with my Statin that I was taking at the same time. It caused all of my muscles to get very weak & I could hardly even walk or get up or lift my arms! I hurt all over. It was really a horrible thing to have happen to me. It has taken 1 year for me to feel better.

Comment from: lorddogs, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 02

great for the triglycerides but had to get off of it because of severe leg and arm pain. The side effect wasn't worth the benefit of the drug.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 23

would like to know some of the side effects of this medication

Comment from: NMANISTA@NETZERO.COM, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 19

Hi my name is Norman, I have been taking this drug for a month now and NOTICED THAT I am having dificulty keeping an erection. Could this be due to this med? i also take ZOCOR, AND diavan, Please respond

Related Reading: ZOCOR

Comment from: aileen, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 11

I was on tricor 48mg, and zocor 40mg. Since triglyceride levels were still high, doctor increased tricor to 145mg while still on the zocor 40mg....after 2 months, I experienced intermittent blindness caused by retinol hemmorhage, and frequent episodes of epistaxis, and chest and abdominal pain...ended up in hospital.. now that I stopped the zocor and tricor I do not have the bleeding problems.........are there any other cases like mine?

Related Reading: tricor | blindness | abdominal pain

Comment from: Hmmmm, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 12

Used to lower high triglycerides and raise HDL. It lowered triglycerides acceptably but did very little or nothing for HDL after almost 3 years on drug. (Also lowered total cholesterol even though that wasn't an issue, but hey, lower is better right?) An aside: 6 months ago, at my request, doctor switched me to Lovaza (omega 3 fatty acids), all my blood lipids are better now and no chemical medication required plus I feel better and lost tons of weight immediately (30# in 7 weeks w/o changing a thing)!

Related Reading: cholesterol | Lovaza

Comment from: oldgasweetei56, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 09

QUilt Tricor after years of use and I fiannly feel clear headed and normal again. Brain fog was so bad that I was unalbe to function. Chronic exhustion that made me too tired to go the bedroom and get the meds for energy. Both conditions were diagnpsed as ADD!! Finally I stopped Tirocr for hig liver enzymes and the ADD is cured, the tiredness is gone, and my brain works as good as ever. I will never use that stuff again. I would ratner die than to live in that blinding fog of fatigue again.

Related Reading: liver | fatigue

Published: November 11

only been on it for a month, only side effect is i feel depressed,sluggish and zombie-like. dont know if this is related to this medication- anyone else have similar experience?

Comment from: JimRoNH, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 25

I have Very High Triglycerides. I Have been taking this medication for over a year. After talking to some peole about their results I came here to review the rest. I stopped taking this 4 days ago. Why, because, I have no sex drive, am always tired, to the point if I eat even a small meal I am ready for an hour nap, and always am tired, no energy. In addition, Tingling from time to time in my left hand fingers and painn in my right leg joint. Since I stopped taking, all this has gone away. Now for an alternative drug, not sure what that is at the moment but I am sure there are other choices. I take this in consort with 40MG of Lipitor.This web site was more than helpful, thanks everybody for sharing your expierences

Related Reading: Lipitor

Cholesterol Management

Tips to keep it under control.