Tricor User Reviews

Tricor - User Reviews

Tricor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tricor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ilovetosing, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 19

I was on Tricor for 1 month. Shortly after starting it, I experienced frequent numbness in my entire left side of my body. Shortly thereafter, my fingers would curl and I was unable to straighten them. Most recently, my hair started to fall out, my hands were puffy, and I started getting leg cramps at night. I stopped taking it just last week, and cannot recommend this drug.

Published: November 16

I have benn taking it for 8 months, I have a pain below the stomach area, and a feeling of fullness. I do not know if this is a side affect.

Comment from: june, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 13

Been taking Trcor for 4 years because of diabetes. Now I have weakness in leg muscles and aches in hip muscles. can hardly sleep. I stopped taking it and I already se a difference in my weak muscles.

Related Reading: diabetes | sleep

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 04

I am a 62 year old male taking Tricor for three months. I have experienced blurred vision, which lasts for up to two minutes, then back to normal. Has anyone else had this happen? Also many of the same side effects others have reported. Thanks for the help.

Comment from: brush47, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 29

after 2 years of taking it i have had very sharp pain in the lower left side so i stopped taking it under my doctor 's order's.

Comment from: ANOM, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 15

I became quite irritable and uncontrollably nags my wife, My sex drive was noticeable gone, and I was unable to maintain a firm erection. After quite a while I realized a significantly drop in my sex drive, i stop a few weeks to see if there a difference. It is a big difference, "I GOT MY MOJO BACK". My wife told me, she notice every changes and agree with me.I will try to maintain healthy cholesterol level via diet and exercise. I appreciate the honest feedback caused by Tricor on this website. I'm only 48. I thought I was going crazy and my poor wife was blaming herself. God bless all of you for your descriptive feedback. Now I know I will be fine and have to maintain a BALANCE.

Comment from: suncitysandy, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 04

I was on simvastatin and my cholesterol was in the normal range under 200, but my triglycerides were 250 and have always been high. In April, 2009 the doctor gave prescription for Tricor. Earlier in the year my renal function was normal. My eGFR was 59. Gradually, in July 2009 I noticed my eGFR was 51 and brought it to the attention of the doctor who said my creatine was fine, not to worry. Triglycerides reduced to 178. In September did not feel well and had further tests. Tryglycerides down to 128, but renal function decreased drastically. Insisted on seeing a Nephrologist. My eGFR was now from 42 to 38 in two weeks. Stage 3 Kidney Disease. Stopped Tricor as this was the only new drug taken. Called Abbott Labs and they admitted to me on the telephone that this is a side effect and should not be taken with a statin drug. I also filed a report with the FDA. Just took further renal function tests yesterday, but have not yet gotten results.

Comment from: marie3, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 16

Familial high triglycerides; took Tricor x 5 yrs. Still 500-700+ labs; started niacin+fish oils. Stopped Tricor and realized -I'm not depressed/lethargic anymore!Feel MUCH more cheerful, joy in life returned-now have to see if my next lab check is compatible with life...

Comment from: Vera, 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 03

I need a generic brand to replace Tricor

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: February 13

lAm not sure of the effects been on for 6months and have not been retested. I have become very tired ands lazy and have muscle weekness and pain

Comment from: Debi, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 16

This worked great for me.In 3 months mine is back to near normal and my good came back up.I have had some mild cramping in my thighs,but its been minimal and although side effects are importent to know,all drugs ahve them listed and I try to outweigh the scary feeling you get reading them with,the pros of getting my numbers down and not haveing a stroke or heart attack.

Related Reading: stroke | heart attack

Cholesterol Management

Tips to keep it under control.