Tricor User Reviews

Tricor - User Reviews

Tricor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tricor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mommy4, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 09

I've taken tricore for 2 1/2 years and it was amazing on my numbers, but until I started actually researching here did I relize that most of of my other health issues are due to this medicine! Extreme forgetfulness, in a fog, my feet and arms going to sleep, tummy aches, sleepiness and my vision is on and off blurry. Thank you all for your comments. My Dr just seemed to be pushing it under the carpet and it made me feel as if I were loosing it! I'm only 34 with four children. THANK YOU

Comment from: Sue, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 27

I long ago was taken off of any type of Statins because of severe muscle pain. I started taking Tricor and it lowered both my cholesterol and triglicerides. I started have severe pain in my knee similar to when I had a torn meniscus. Went for an MRI and to the Orthopedic Surgeon. He said I had Osteo Arthritis. Hog Wash ! ! Did it come on overnight? Then I started reading all the comments on this website. I ache all over and have a foggy brain. Hmmm? I am stopping the Tricor as of today. I would rather die without pain than live with it. I will let you know how I am doing. My husband died at 59 from liver damage due to the drugs he was taking for his heart condition. The cardiologist kept his heart going just fine even though his liver enzimes were increasing. It is wonderful if statins work for some people, but I call them Satins!

Related Reading: Statins | muscle pain | torn meniscus

Comment from: Larry, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 19

muscels thruout entire body weak and sore. started taking tricore a second time,muscel weakness and sorness returned.

Comment from: cindi, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 10

After 2 days I started to feel like I was getting the flu..pains all over, and then started trembling,became nausiated, vomited, stomach pains,chest pains, could not sleep, started having severe insecure emotions that I don't remember (but was told about,)forgetfulness and severe spotty sun burns, I quit taking it immediately and after one week of being off the drug, I still am shaking and unsure of myself. If anyone else experience this severe of a reaction, please let me know. I would like to talk with you.

Related Reading: flu | burns

Comment from: lcp, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 26

hI had only been on this medication two weeks when I had to go to the emergency room with extremely high blood pressure, 200 over 100. Had stress test, and heart Dr. put me on lisinipril for high blood pressure. Had not ever had this before. For the next week I had several days of 180's over 90's. I finally figured the common denominitor was Tricor. Stopped taking it and has been 120's over 60's ever since.

Related Reading: high blood pressure | stress

Cholesterol Management

Tips to keep it under control.