Trileptal User Reviews

Trileptal - User Reviews

Trileptal User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Trileptal sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Plnktn84, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 17

I started Trileptal for irritability from chronic depression. I really like it but it does make me sleepy during the day sometimes. It does help me sleep, but I am always waking up in the middle of the night. Great for the appetite as it doesnt make you hungry! I really like this medicine and I am only on 150MG once a day so far. I aslo has Bi-polare Disorder II and it does help with the mania!

Comment from: Mary, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 05

I have taken trileptal for 2+ years now! I have Bipolar disorder and this medication helps with my mood swings. As we all know medication is not a miracle but can make things more managable. I have tried many other meds but Trileptal seems to be doing rather well for me. I have experienced a little spaciness and forgetfulness. Minor headaches every so often. But the overall benefits are great. I am only taking a samll dose compared to others that i know that are Bipolar. However i am rather sensitive to meds due to my Anxiety. But we all metabolise our meds and food differently! But its been wonderful not to have such severe mood swings.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 28

I was given Trileptal for anxiety and stress. For the period that I needed it, it helped a good bit. It was mild and I had no side effects from it. I would take it again for anxiety/stress over other drugs.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: lady_starskimmer, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 11

I am bi-polar, and have been on this medicine for over two years. It works well, but I have had to add different medicines to keep my mood stabilized and me feeling better. But overall, I like this med. I take 1200mgs twice a day. No side effects (that I know of).

Comment from: daydreamer_4evr, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 14

i have bi-polar II and also fibromyalgia. unlike others i have read that have both disorders that i do, i find that this medication is working well for me although i do take the generic. but all in all i am extremely pleased with me outcome. i feel like i am becoming the mother i knew i could be and not have the rage and mood swings. i have taken everything from deperkote to ambilify and so on, and i personally feel this medication has had the best result for me. i am very pleased.

Related Reading: fibromyalgia

Comment from: hopeful skeptic, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 29

My doctor prescribed Trileptal for bipolar disorder. Previously I took Depakote but got to the point where I was totally sluggish w/out energy. I had a big revelation when I started taking the entire dose - 1200 mg. at 8 p.m. to help me sleep better. My only complaint about the drug was when I took 600 mg. twice a day, I had a problem with daytime sleepiness.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: December 13

I have bi-polar disorder and was originally on Depakote which caused hair loss and weight gain. I switched doctors and was put on Trileptal. It has worked for me for over 5 years with no side effects.

Comment from: vmw, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 09

I have been on Trileptal for 8 years to treat bi-polar disorder. I have had only two side effects... double vision, and wakefulness. The double vision occurs when I am over tired, and is easily corrected by wearing my glasses. The wakefulness has been a bit of a problem, as I feel I am not getting a full night's rest. I wake between 3-4 times a night. Other than that, it has been a very helpful drug.

Related Reading: double vision

Published: October 21

I HAVE BEEN ON TRILEPTAL FOR 2 MINTHS AND IT IS BY FAR THE BEST MEDICATION IVE FOUND FOR ME FOR BIPOLAR DISORDER WITHOUT ANY SIDE EFFECTS.

Comment from: bowman2lin, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 26

Treated for bipolar for over 7 yrs. with Trileptal (now the generic). Definetly helps with mood swings and anger response to everything. If I had side effects they went away. Maybe slightly dry mouth. Dosage: 450-600mg at night. 300mg when I wake up at 6 am to go to the bathrm. But then I sleep until 10 or 11am which is fine by me. If I had to get up earlier I would divide the daily dose to 150mg twice during the day. I go to the gym to control weight and help with mood/anger. So I would say it has been 90% helpful for my bipolar symptoms. I am 58 and remember the days when I didn't have this option.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.