Trileptal User Reviews

Trileptal - User Reviews

Trileptal User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Trileptal sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Thankful Mom, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 02

I have been on Trileptal for about seven months now 600mg 2/day. I have never felt better. My mood swings have diminished drastically. My son and I have a better relationship now, because I am not screaming every time he does something wrong. I am more calm and relaxed, like I feel a mother should be. I also take Cymbalta for depression and anxiety. My depression still comes and goes. But at least I am not a freak show anymore. My co-workers have also noticed a change. I don't feel like ripping their heads off when something doesn't go right. Thanks

Related Reading: Cymbalta

Comment from: janders3, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 20

I have been on Trileptal for eight years for Bipolar I disorder. I love it. I also take Wellbutrin and Lamictal, though I consider Trileptal the stable drug. It is wonderful. I take 1500 mg if I am having a bad episode, but I don't have to stay on that dose for very long usually. I stay at 900 most of the time and it keeps me stable. I really like the ease of use that you can adjust the dosage so easily. Anyway, if you have horrible anxiety, depression, or manic symptoms, this is a great med to take.

Related Reading: Wellbutrin | Lamictal

Comment from: scorpiolis, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 06

I have bi-polar with severe depression, Since taking Trileptal, I feel like I have better control of my emotions and make more appropriate choices when facing a "crisis." In the past, I have attempted suicide many times when confronted with problems or depression, as well as mania--I would drink excessively trying to self medicate instead of asking for assistance. Thank GOD for Trileptal, or I would probably not be alive today!

Related Reading: suicide

Comment from: NxOhMissFriedxD, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 15

I use this for Bipolar. I have never felt better. my mood is stable and i used to shake, b/c my mind and body didnt know how to process my emotions. now i am shake free and full of smiles!!!

Comment from: cooking1000, Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 05

I use this medcation as a mood stabilizer for bi- polar disorder. I take 1200 mg at night. When I take thid medicine I get a sort of light headed feeling . Enough that I would not think of driving and also why I take at night. I am normally fine by thetime I get up.

Comment from: cjanelockport, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 12

I have Bipolar II disease and am my hypomania is controlled completely by this medication. My extra energy is an old friend so it is hard for me to be without it!

Comment from: kathy, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 13

Been taking Trileptal for bipolar and it has totaly in proved my life. At Peace

Comment from: hXc_daddy, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 27

This drug made my eyesight kind of blur for the first few months, but my body corrected it. I use this drug for bipolar and anxiety induced seizures, and it's amazing. However, if a single dose is missed, it can cause some very heavy side effects. Overall, i love it.

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.