Trilipix User Reviews

Trilipix - User Reviews

Trilipix User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Trilipix sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Alabama_Tiger, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

So far (100 days therapy) it has worked wonders. My triglycerides dropped from 375 to 113 and my cholesterol dropped from 229 to 174. I simply FEEL better. My cholesterol used to fluctuate between 200 and 230. I was a gym/pool rat and had very good HDL/LDL ratios so my doc said don't worry about it. I quit the gym/pool for various reasons and my cholesterol and especially my triglycerides increased. My diet is and has been very conservative for 30 years so I believe there's a genetic component to my situation. One last note, my libido seems to be increasing at age 51. It is nice to have an increased urge again

Comment from: lowchol, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 01

I was part of drug study taking TriLipix along with Lipitor which produced wonderful results(lowering cholesterol level to 140). I have been waiting for TriLipix to come on the market. I am now back on both medications and feel great with no side effects

Related Reading: Lipitor

Comment from: rascalt, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 24

I have been taking this drug for about 6 months. My levels have went down from 275 to 185. I do have severe muscle aches, pain and fatigue. This pain and weakness is mainly in my legs. Since I stand all day at my job it gets pretty bad.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: refused, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 11

I took Trilipix for exactly one year. The last 3 months on it I had such severe upper leg pain that I could no longer enjoy my daily walks. Also had chest pains & acid reflux. Leg pain went away 3 days after stopping med. I will not take this again.

Comment from: debbie868, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 24

My Dr. switched me from my regular med to trilipix and I have had severe acid reflux, I have stopped taking it for that reason and had trouble breathing. not a good med!!!!!!!!!!

Comment from: taleeho, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 22

Took this 1 day had severe calf spasms and spasms front of leg... couldn't walk. Tried taking it at various times, resulted in muscle aches and swollen eyes. Too scary for me.

Comment from: rwayne, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 28

After reading the posts; today was my last dose. I thought I was going crazy. I've been on it for 30 days. Extreme fatigue, my feet arms and face feel like they are on fire, heartburn, very irritable, fingernails are receding and hurting. Last dose today calling the dtr tommorow. I thought it was just me and I was felling so bad I decided to Google which led me here. Glad I did.

Comment from: J.D., 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 19

Been on lipitor and tricor for about 5+ yrs with no problems and my dr.switched my meds to trilipix a 2 week ago, not real happy with this med.Wake-up every morning with a sore throat and feel like i need to blow chedder and stomach always upset.Stop taking trilipix for 2 days and side effects went away,started taking trilipix again and side effects came back.Going back to lipitor,tricor and fish oil.P.S fish oil 3x day drop my LDL 60 points and dads almost 90 points

Related Reading: sore throat

Comment from: mults, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 28

My trigylcerides and cholesterol have always been high. I've been taking on a 2-month trial and all of my numbers are the best they have been in 3 years: Tri: 189 to 136 HDL: 37 to 47 LDL: 146 to 130 Total Chol: 224 to 204 TC/HDL Ratio: 5.50 to 4.43 This has only been 2-months and I have not altered my diet at all. I am exercising a little more, so I don't know what effect that has on the numbers. I have gained a few pounds, so I don't know if it is Trilipix related.

Comment from: angc69, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 08

I have noticed my upper abdomen is distended, and all I do is pee all day and night. ?????

Cholesterol Management

Tips to keep it under control.