Tussionex User Reviews

Tussionex - User Reviews

Tussionex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tussionex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 24

This drug effectively calms a cough and relieves congestion. I have been using it from asthma and sinus symptoms off and on for some time and it always does the trick. One must be careful to avoid addiction though.

Related Reading: cough | asthma

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 30

however after 5 days of using the medication I experienced painly constipation.

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: dah45, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 28

I was diagnosed with sinusitis and bronchitis. I was coughing all night for several nights before the doctor prescribed Tussionex. Slept great every night while on it. I only took two doses on the weekend while off of work... then narrowed it down to only at night. I found this quite effective and I wasn't drowsy @ all. I had to pay $60 with insurance but it was well worth it. Especially using only at night when the cough is the worst. Then I could get the most out of my prescription.

Related Reading: Tussionex

Comment from: debbie, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 21

i have copd and sarcoids, and an intolerable cough, the doc prescribed me a small dose of this, and it worked wonders. i needed more to treat my symptoms and he became so paranoid about addiction,he wouldnt prescribe it again, really sucks bc the people who abuse these remedies make it impossible to seek treatment from doctors. wih it was available otc

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 11

Having had suffered from Chronic Bronchitis, off and on all my life, this is the first cough medicine that actually works!

Related Reading: Chronic Bronchitis

Comment from: chazjoseph, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 28

This is one of the few cough syrups that actually work.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 03

I have a history of chronic bronchitis. My doctor has prescribed this each allergy season for almost 20 years, and I swear by it. Tussionex is the only cough medicine that works, and it tastes good too.

Related Reading: allergy

Published: February 05

I have asthma, and when I catch a cold it turns into bronchitis and then pneumonia. this medicine allows me to rest better, breathe deeper, and relaxes the cough reflex. I do not really get very drowsy with this med, unless I am running a fever. My doctor has been fully aware of my medical condition, and does not hesitate to prescribe this for me. Taken as directed, it is very effective.

Related Reading: pneumonia | fever

Comment from: jaybeedee, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 10

My bronchitis turned into condition-induced asthma, and it was impossible to sleep without coughing to the point of choking and gasping at times. This not only stopped the cough, but allowed my lungs to rest and heal, and let me get some much needed sleep. I have two very young children, however, so I have to be careful and make sure my hubby is fully aware that I am about to be "out of it" when I take it so he can keep a watchful eye on the kids.