Tussionex User Reviews

Tussionex - User Reviews

Tussionex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tussionex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: bsvdmas, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 14

I had an ear infection, pharyngitis, strep, bronchtis, and a high fever. Tussionex was the only thing that helped with the cough, and some of the pain from my ears and throat. I am a house manager for a family with 3 boys, it didn't make me sleepy at all. It is expensive ($141.99) but thank goodness for insurance (31.56).

Related Reading: ear infection

Comment from: Danielle7221, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 21

I am currently taking this med. for a cough due to severe bronchitis. It seems to work really well for the first 4-5 hours but I begin to cough and experience pain from pulled muscles after about 5 or 6 hour. The medication however can only be taken every 12. At least I am able to get a few hours of restful sleep.

Comment from: feeling better, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 10

Well i was down with the flu for two weeks strep and the broncids so I was very sick!!!I love this med for lots of different reasons, It helped me sleep whrn I was very sick thats a big plus for me,I did the jod that all the over the counter stuff we got did not, and last but not least it help me get well and thst the key for me!!!!On the down side Get the pill the liquid tast like CASTOIL!!!!!

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 22

I allows you to get rest from a otherwise painful cold.

Comment from: aprn65, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 29

Extreme cough which was not improving and wasn't allowing me to sleep, causing further issues. Physician concern that pneumonia was a possibility due to past experience. The medication was highly effective in controlling the cough, allowing rest, preventing pleurisy.

Related Reading: pleurisy

Comment from: lennymo, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 08

i wish i could feel 24 hrs a day the way i feel on tussionex, wonderful!!! i could really like this drug BUT i won't let myself become addicted and this cough syrup is highly addictive BUT it is he best cough syrup made. i ask a phamacist, what is the best cough syrup made??? he said. " without a doubt, tussionex, its expensive but theres nothing out there that works near as good!" tessalon perles, the syrups with the dm in the name isn't worth a dime. a doctor told me that!!alot of dr's won't give it because it is addictive. i hate when you go to a dr and you know works good for you like tussionex, and a dr will say no, i am not givin that to you but try this, and what he wanted me to try and i do and its not working on my cough!! why can't dr's take our word for it when we say,i've had tussionex one time before and it worked real well. then they should give it 2 u. if its the best thing made then your dr should give it 2 u!!! i hate when a dr argues and says try this tessalon perles and you say, i've had that and it doesn't work. WAKE UP, WE WANT WHATS BEST FOR THE COUGH!!!! not robitussin,rondec dm, promethazine dm tessalon perles, delsym!!, all these are a joke!!!

Related Reading: tessalon | rondec