Tygacil User Reviews

Tygacil - User Reviews

Tygacil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tygacil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mmboehm, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 15

I used this for 35 days for a mycobacterial sinus/lacrimal infection while we waited for the susceptibility tests. The infection definitely and steadily reduced. Promethazine 25 mg 30 minutes before the dose essentially removed the nausea, thought there were times every day when I felt pretty punk. No diarrea. I was really hungry and ate 2x normal diet but did not gain weight - this was very out of the ordinary for this drug per the doctors and nurses. The fatigue factor was huge, draining. Less than normal exertion would leave me sweating and shaky. I learned the pattern of when I would be most tired, and just how much to curtail my activities, and to take a nap every day, and the pattern of when I would feel the worst. By the end of the process I had learned to live with it. It's not fun, but my kidney and liver tests remain healthy. I've been off it now for just under a week and still have fatigue and have not been able to resume all activities, but it's getting better each day. I did eat yogurt, or kefir, or miso or some form of probiotics every day, several times a day, which may have helped.

Related Reading: fatigue | liver

Comment from: shygyrl90, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 20

my sister took this med and had a reaction to it.she went to the hospital for cegulitis they gave her this med an now she has bad stomach pain she can't even walk on her own so be aware of the side effects of this med

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 06

using for dog bite feeling very nauseaus and tired

Related Reading: dog bite

Comment from: amany, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 19

intravenous

Comment from: abooth, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 12

Given drug for issue with intestinal problem. Since starting I now have constant diarrhea including blood in stool and vomiting occasional including blood in it as well.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: Ruth, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 28

Doctor prescribe the drug to the treatment of Acetinobacter bacteria in Abdomen

Comment from: franel, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 25

only 3 days on this drug and I have sores in my mouth, intense heartburn, diarreah and yeast infection.

Related Reading: heartburn | yeast infection