Tykerb User Reviews

Tykerb - User Reviews

Tykerb User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tykerb sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: golfgal711, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 21

While I am still on the treatment, my last CT scan showed that the lung lesions were shrinking. However, I have had more nodules forming on my skin on my breast. I haven't had any severe side effects from the medication. Just some fatigue, hand/foot tingling, and some digestive symptoms which might be due the Xeloda (I don't know for sure). The doctor has just started me on Femara. I had my ovaries removed also.

Related Reading: breast | fatigue | Xeloda

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 03

I took this during a clinical trial comparing Tykerb to Herceptin. I was supposed to take this for a year, but after two weeks I had to stop. I was exhausted to the point I could not get out of bed. My diaherra was so severe that I could not eat at all (not even crackers or popscicles). Finally, after losing 13 pounds in two weeks and becoming so dehydrated that they had to give me two bags of fluids, I was taken off the drug and given Herceptin by IV for the rest of the year. I have one more treatment left. I have been very happy with Herceptin. It has hardly any side effects. I think Tykerb works for some people, but if your side effects are this severe, please make your doctor change your meds! It was worse than the 20 weeks of chemo!

Related Reading: Tykerb | Herceptin

Comment from: marrod231, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 11

I was a success for me, also easy.

Comment from: coleyfarm, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 11

My Mother takes tykerb 5 pills daily at one time for 3 weeks and off for 1 week per doctor, satisfied, but she has such a terrible itching spell all the time and there is nothing she takes that can get rid of it, I rub lots of creams and have her to take benadryl 2 every four hours and that is not good because she wont be able to do her chores like she wants.

Related Reading: itching | benadryl

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 08

good results, keep tumors stable, but causes itchy skin, acne, and diareha daily.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: rita, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 12

i take tykerb and xeloda for matistized breast cancer spread to bones liver lungs and bones and brain

Related Reading: cancer | liver

Comment from: gwsti, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 13

This is just making Glaxo-smith-cline richer, this drug just postpones the enevitable, you die !! It is useless with mastized brain cancer. The doctors just do what is told of them by the drig companies

Related Reading: brain cancer

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 15

I have taken the drug for one year - have had no symtoms - and only one met has increased in size - most are gone. only cancer left in one area of brain - will use cyberknife.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 10

After my Herceptin treatments started showing less effectiveness, my Dr. Prescribed Tykerb along with Herceptin. I take 4 pills daily and have been for 3 months. Side effects for me a tolerable...some diarreha but Imodium works to stop it. Also take Phillips Colon Health Probiotic. That is what helped me the most with Diarreha while going through chemo. Dr is monitoring me every 3 weeks. So far...so good.

Related Reading: Imodium

Breast Cancer

Find support and advances in treatment.