Tylenol-Codeine User Reviews

Tylenol-Codeine - User Reviews

Tylenol-Codeine User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tylenol-Codeine sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: buffalorose, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 29

I was prescribed this drug for a chronic condition ("Runner's Knees"), and I take a half tablet when I have swelling and pain. I have only ever needed one a day (in 2 halves usually), have no side effects at all and find that it does wonders! I have been taking it for about a year, occasionally don't need any at all and have never felt the need to take more than one tablet a day. No other problems, so I guess I'm the lucky one!

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 30

I have found the drug to only dull the pain a little bit and also make me constipated. I can take without food but found that it gave me a stomach ache and made me FEEL like i had to go to the bathroom, though i couldn't. I would only recommend this drug to people with minor pains and maybe take a stool softener with it, especially if you have problems going in the first place.

Comment from: Edweerdo, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 05

releived all pain during first three weeks,then seemed to only dull the pain....bad side effect for me...loss of appetite....was taking two tblts every two hrs

Comment from: prtfvr, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 08

Tried taking it for osteoarthritis of the knee. The only effect that it had on me was to make me cranky which I didn't need since I was in pain and already cranky enough. To be fair, I'm used to taking oxycodone occasionally for back pain so I'm guessing that this wouldn't have worked for me anyhow. They tell me this stuff's addictive, I just don't get it. It doesn't make me high and it doesn't work. Why would I get addicted to it? I have the same experience with oxycodone as relates to not getting high. Those drugs just don't affect me that way. I'd be happy if they worked at all!

Related Reading: osteoarthritis

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 26

The medication had no positive affect on me. Did nothing for the pain, and only caused me to be very tired and groggy.

Comment from: 10454, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 28

it dulls the pain 4 about an hr. then im in pain again

Comment from: valady523, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 23

i had a knee replacement and am still havoing alot of pain

Comment from: ChronicBackPain'er, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 10

The medication is a tricky one. It can easily cause you to be nauseous. Eating somethings helps with that BUT decreases the effect of the drug. Antihistamines help as well but you must be careful about drowsiness and the possibility that it may cause breathing problems. Doesn't last very long in the system. I found that having a cup of coffee or some other form of caffeine gives this medication a boost though there's that chance that the caffeine can upset your stomach. I'm alright with it but only for minor pain.

Comment from: sage, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 12

Adverse reactions to drug: increase pain and sleepiness. Increase yelling and crying due to very sharp pain

Comment from: thecrow365, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 14

For short term pain. it worked great.

Comment from: MIGUEL DIAZ, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 28

abdominal pain

Related Reading: abdominal pain

Comment from: 19-24 (Patient) Published: January 24

I was prescribed this medicine for menstural cramps. I took one and it did nothing, but then I took another one and it worked wonders. Besides, who doesn't love codiene?

Chronic Pain/Back Pain