Tysabri User Reviews

Tysabri - User Reviews

Tysabri User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tysabri sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 30

Diagnosed in 2004. Scheduled to start Tysabri when it was withdrawn from market. Began on Copaxone with no results. Relapses every three months. Started Tysabri when I was able to find a neuro who would prescribe after it's return to market. I had an MRI before first infusion. Start delayed a month so I could do steroids for increased enhancing lesions and relapse. Began Tysabri and have had 22 infusions. MRI at 6 months showed no new lesions, no enhancing lesions and large lesions previously seen have reduced or are gone. MRI at 18 months showed further decline in number and size of lesions. No new lesions, no enhancing lesions. Quality of life is way up! Spasticity,stiffness and fatigue way down! Vision is back to pre-diagnosis level! No relapses since I started after cycling through relapses every three months before Tysabri. If it wasn't for the remaining spasticity,stiffness and fatigue I would swear I was "normal" If Tysabri hadn't been withdrawn from market I don't believe I would have the spasticity, stiffness and fatigue that I have now. I can live with those problems and treat them with baclofen and provigil, but the dose is half of what I used before Tysabri. I still hold hope that they will reduce further!

Related Reading: Tysabri | Copaxone | fatigue

Comment from: bikerchic79, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 26

I am very happy with Tysabri, since starting it both myself and my husband has noticed a change in my life. How I feel both cognitive and physical.

Comment from: markjones1027@yahoo.com, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 18

Extremely tired first few days after each monthly infusion. Followed by significant improvement of most aspects of my MS. Have had MS for 23 years, and Tysabri has proven to be the most effective treatment I have received thus far.

Comment from: fla.girl, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 02

After 2yrs I developed antibodies against Rebif. My doctor immediately started me on Tysabri. I'm on my 4th month and so far so good. My symptoms have so far remained in remission...I'm happy. The way I figure- I'm going to do whatever I can to take control of this disease.

Related Reading: Rebif

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 29

Was on rebif (2-3 relapses per yr), then Copaxone(7 relapes in 8 mo). Didn't know about 6 mth period of waiting for Copaxone to kick in. Put on Tysabri, 0 relapes in 10 months so far. Works immediately, safe to use. Other than regular numbness I've always had, I feel the same I did before my MS diagnosis.

Comment from: 2girlmom, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 14

I have been on Tysabri for 15 months. I get no side effects( as I did for 8 years on avonex) I had been hospitilized two times in three months prior to my infusions. I am not dancing in the street but I have not gotten worse. Something avonex could not do for me.

Related Reading: avonex

Comment from: mrsjahay, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 15

6 infusions and counting w/ no side effects to speak of. Not due for another MRI scan for another 2 months, but the last one showed a "stable brain". I hope that folks remember that everyone's situation is different. What works for one may not work for another. In the MS world... that is an unavoidable reality. Give your treatments time, and have patience to the best of your ability. Everything takes research and an open-minded spirit. Do you suppose that when Penicillin was first made that EVERYONE who tried it had a good reaction to it? Of course not... but it has become one of the most important antibiotics in our society. So please, give the treatments a chance. We have to start somewhere and hope that our willingness to be "modern-day guinea pigs" will help others just like us now and in the future to combat, and perhaps even stifle this disease.

Comment from: funlilgirley, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 02

Diagnosed Jan. 1999. My symptoms were my balance and numbness in legs and feet. Started Avonex in 2000 until the trial started for Tysabri. Been on the drug minus the time it was off the market. Have not had any side effects from the drug. Only felt better with every dose. All symptoms were gone by 3rd treatment. No changes in my ms since. I am back to bowling. As for the PML, we were tested to see if we have it when they pulled the drug. It is a concern, but the benefits of this drug far out way the worry. Ask your doctor if you can be tested for PML. Your immune system has to be totally compromised for you to get PML. If your doctor does the Touch Program, you should have no problem. Just make sure to report any new symptoms.

Multiple Sclerosis