Tysabri User Reviews

Tysabri - User Reviews

Tysabri User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tysabri sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: rightboutnow@yahoo.com, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 08

I am a 25yr old mother of 2 daughters under 3, started trtmt in March08. I have not had any post iv reactions, nor any side-affects due to the medication. On my Fifth infusion, the vein used to infuse blew up to about the size of a gumball from those 25cent machines. Took about a week to decrease in size and about 2 and 1/2 wks to have the pain go away. I think this is the vein becoming "fatiqued" from the medicine. So I asked for a different vein to be used. It so far has not had the same reaction but in two more months we will find out. Recent MRI shows exactly what was wanted, no increase in activity, nor decrease. Disease has been stalled/slowed tremendously. I have been taking Welbutrin for fatique and general listlessness. With the two combined I have been able to actually clean my entire house in one day instead of the normal 4.

Comment from: duckterzo@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 30

This treatment has been very expensive for my family, our insurance is a coin-insurance plan so after the insurance company pays 1,840.00.00 each month for the Tysabri, we pay an additional $460.00 plus another $174.00 per month for the infusion cost. I feel that the drug company should except what insurance companies pay so their victims can stay on their drugs that are helping them. Tysabri,YES is a good drug for multiple sclerosis but it should be made affordable for everyone to have the opportunity to try. The drug company tells you they have many assistance programs however it turns out that if you have a dime in your pocket there is no assistance for you! I have been on Tysabri for 14 months and I have not had a relapse in that time. I just want to say that PRIOR to going on Tysabri check your insurance information because this drug is one that you should stay on once you start providing you have no adverse reactions.

Related Reading: multiple sclerosis

Comment from: jcardoni, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 06

I have been on this treatment for 3 years and it has been a God sent. I was once unable to walk and work now i work full time and can enjoy my life

Comment from: srossi, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 10

on my 6th iv have had depression, panicky feeling, joint pain, head pain, i am doing better than on avonex hoping these problems will smooth out just trying to deal w/ms thorn

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: Rebecca, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 04

On Tysabri for 2-1/2 yrs (30 infusions); great MRI results with Tysabri w/decreased lesions but knee joint stiffness/dragging foot started and getting worse (sleeplessness/weight gain/less tolerance to Florida heat); Neuro Dr said risk of PML increases with length of taking Tysabri per reports, so Dr going to try Copaxone (daily needles-Yuck); formerly on Avonex for 6 years until stopped working and MS was going out of remission (side affects were brutal in beginning but became a lot less after 1 year and was able to work in yard being more tolerant to heat on Avonex). I have been working in office the entire time on Tysabri (disease unknown to employer due to prior discrimination loss of 13-yr employment). Positively diagnosed 1998 after many tests year after major car wreck--took proactive approach to get on MS treatment immediately after DX. Stay positive, keep up on new research, find good MS Neurologist to work with, and fight, FIGHT, FIGHT! How 'bout that cure for us all!

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 17

I was initially diagnosed with MS in Dec 2006. I had over 2 dozen lesions in my brain and a couple in each of the cervical and thoracic spine region when I was first diagnosed. I was on Copaxone for 6 months and it did not help as a I gained a few more lesions in my spine. My only side effect from Tysabri was in the first couple of doses when my stomach was sore. I recently had MRIs done of all the regions and one lesion had healed completely and the others had improvement were the radiologist noted the other lesions were shrinking. I have not had any allergic reactions to the medication. I only had one relapse, which was minor because of the stress of my job. The once every four weeks for Tysabri beats giving myself a shot every day that I was doing with Copaxone!

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 03

I am a newly diagnosed person with MS. I had tremors, major fatigue, depression, etc.. I started out trying Rebif which had very negative side effects, and the MRI showed extremely increased area's with lesions. After that MRI I swtiched to Tysabri. I have done 8 infusions and my energy level has gone up to almost pre-MS levels. I can actually work full time now with no calling out sick! I also work out at the gym 4 times a week, and go out with my husband. I am extremely happy that I switched to this medication, only worried that because the medicine is still so new we don't know how long I can safely take it.

Related Reading: tremors