Tysabri User Reviews

Tysabri - User Reviews

Tysabri User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tysabri sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jamesshaner@comcast.net, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 15

After having MS for over 10 years, Avonex was no longer working. I am in my early 30s and am now able to do things I couldn't before. (Shovel snow, go on walks, clean entire house....) Not liking the weekly IM injection with Avonex, I feel less smothered by my MS.

Comment from: marshcougar@yahoo.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: March 12

I was diagnosed w/MS 21 years ago-spent 13 yrs. doing every-other-day self-injections of Beta Seron, which worked well for that time, but then developed anti-bodies and went into a severe downward spiral in all aspects of this disease. Started Tysabri 14 months ago and it is working well for me. I have some very ugly side effects, but I can deal with them better than the dibilitating effects of MS. I have found that keeping a daily journal has been extremely beneficial-helpful for me and for my doc and infusion RN. I started my journal the day of my first infusion and have kept it going since. It has enabled me to prepare for the side effects that I know are coming - extreme fatigue and achy joints day after infusion for 2-3 days; noticable spike in energy level by day 4; yeast infection 7 days post infusion; sleeplessness days 10-12; shingles across both hips and up tailbone day 3. These things are annoying, but by knowing when to expect them, I deal with it, and my over all health has been really good, and my energy level is almost what it was when I was disagnosed 21 years ago!!

Related Reading: yeast infection | shingles

Comment from: happy2bgps@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 12

I've had ms 45 yrs now. No drugs available until 1994, started betaseron for 12 yrs, started as rrms, after 25 yrs or so started worsening daily, betaseron came into play 2 yrs after worsening to spms, so after 12 yrs on beta, I couldn't wait for tysabri availabiity. I did take novantrone 2002-4 stabilizing sx, tysabri started 9/06 + has kept me level since then, no worsening, no side effects. I'm not walking at all since 2002 after 5 severe falls fracturing many bones, much safer in wheelchair, have no balance at all, I do NOT expect tysabri to get me out of wheelchair. I have NO FATIGUE, big plus in my life. I want demyelinating repair in my lifetime, I want the tight spasticity in left hamstring relieved so can get 2nd foot to floor. I have true hope in an additional treatment of sx like CCSVI possibilities, also the GIFT15 in Montreal research looks promising as well as a similar mice research in N Caroina showing injections of two proteins removed all ms sx in mice. I'm hopeful in my lifetime I'll see major options for improvement NOONE can take away our HOPE.

Related Reading: betaseron | novantrone

Comment from: Gonzalo Guerrero, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 12

I've been on Tysabri for eight months and it has been my savior. I was doing really bad with Avonex until I decided it was enough. I switched and I am doing alot better.

Comment from: myers70001, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 28

I been on copaxone for 2 years. I kept having flareups every other month. Then started to have injection site reactions. Was referred to another nuero as mine left for Mayo Clinic. Had been off copaxone for a couple of months when seen by the new neuro. He talked to me about Tysabri and the side affects and pml that my happen. I have been on Tysabri fo 16 months asnd have my 17th one this week. I have had 3 relapses in that time which is better than evry other month. I feel this is the drug of choice for me. It is a very good drug. I am happy although I still have some problems due to a lesion on the brain stem. Without this drug I think I would be in alot worse condition.

Comment from: hotczech, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 29

Just took my 14th infusion. My sx are much less severe than the other ABC drugs, but by the 4th week, I'm hurting and definately feel it wearing off. I've noticed I bleed alot more now when I get a nick or cut & bruise more easily as well. Overall, i'm very satisfied.

Comment from: JRENE69, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 20

This treatment has improved my condition greatly. Works greatly to give me a better quality of life. I am looking forward to doing more with my daughter. She is seven years old and for much of her younger years I could not walk and lost my sight for a year. I am very happy with this drug and thank God that it helps and works.

Comment from: Mich, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 06

I have had MS for five years. I started taking Rebif when I was first diagnosed (for the first 2yrs) which seemed to work until I developed drug resistent antibodies to the drug and had a full blown attack with quite a bit of permanent damage. I then started taking Tysabri and have been on it for 3 yrs. I have not had any MS attacks since. I haven't had any side effects from Tysabri and my MRIs have all been good...no new "white spots"! I've just started taking Ampyra as well (to help with my walking and balance)....I hope that with these two drugs I can live an almost "normal" life!! I am very optimistic! I would highly recommend Tysabri, it's worth the risks/possible side effects that are very rare. Please give it a try.

Related Reading: Ampyra