Uloric User Reviews

Uloric - User Reviews

Uloric User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Uloric sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: lumber, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 23

I was taking allopurinol 300mg daily, and still having to take a SNAID each night because the big toe would throb and I was worried about flares. I would experience the occassional accute flare up while on allopurinol. Doc did not like me on the NSAID daily, and when FDA blessed Uloric, on it I went (40mg). Immediately i noticed that i did not need to take the NSAID anymore (it has been 3 mos now). Uric acide levels fell, and i no longer live in fear of flare ups. The only side efect that I have noticed is that during intercourse, and it sometimes takes a bit longer to uh, finish. Whether that is good or bad is a discussion for another board..

Related Reading: Uloric

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 12

My mother has been taking this drug for the treatment of gouty arthritis for 3 days when she began to have flu-like symptoms, i.e. hacking productive cough and slight temperature elevation (99.2 oral). also, she complained of itching on her back and stomach. She had 3 (2 on her back and 1 on her stomach) large, red, raised, itchy hive-like whelps. She decided to discontinue using the medication until she could inform the physician.

Related Reading: arthritis | flu | cough

Comment from: Byebyegout, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 28

I've started using this drug 6 months ago. Result: no flare up anymore (though I was using allopurinol before). My uric acid level has now been around 4... compared to 16 before I started. Amazing. Only reason for 4* instead of 5 in the "satisfaction category" : it is pricey since it is too new to have generic version for it yet.

Comment from: Dan, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 05

Best drug for eliminating uric acid that I have taken. Allopurinol is not even close to providing the same level of capability. I took 300 mg of Allopurinol which did very little for me and had various side effects. I have been using 80mg of Uloric since May of 2009. It has been eliminating Gout Tofi as well. Took about 6 months to eliminate existing tofi.

Related Reading: Gout

Comment from: Margaret, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 24

My husband, 62, was prescribed Uloric for gout. He was the correct weight, fit, watched his diet. Low blood pressure, his only medical problem apart from the gout was low thyroxine levels which were well under control. He was given Uloric for two weeks and died of a heart attack in his sleep. On reading the small print I discovered that heart attacks are a side effect of this drug - it maybe a rare side effect and I cannot prove the drug was to blame, but nothing in his background, family or health issues suggested heart problems. I am sure he would rather had carried on using the pain killers than this. This is a no star rating.

Related Reading: Low blood pressure | heart attack | sleep

Comment from: Phil, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 02

This a wonderfull drug! I had tried taking Allpurinol and another older drug (Collchiceen (sp?)) but they both wrecked havoc with my GI system. In short, the cure was as bad as the illness. However, when Uloric came out and my doctor put me on it...I had no more problems. I can't tell that I'm taking the stuff, except that my joint pain has gone away.

Comment from: Commander1190, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 29

Began in July 09-went from 40 mg to 80 mg within 30 days and while it has dropped my uric acid level from 9 to 5; it has triggered gout attacks the entire time. I keep hoping it will stop as I approach the 7th month. Additional medication is needed to deal with the attacks. Most of the attacks are hitting the lower body i.e. ankle or knee. Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 15

I had almost constant pain from my gout and a large tophi deposit on the side of my big toe. The drug did cause a 2-3 day flare up (as it said) but the tophi deposit has been reduced 50%. I have experienced no side effects. Love it - just wish it was cheaper.