Uloric User Reviews

Uloric - User Reviews

Uloric User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Uloric sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Steven, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I have taken Uloric 80mg for almost a year now. Brought my uric acid levels down to well within the normal range. The drug works much better than Allopurinol. I did get some outbreaks of gout while on the drug, but we think that might be due to the gout tophi disolving. Once the tophi went away, I did not have any further gout outbreaks. For those of you who have high blood pressure as well, getting the uric acid levels under control also helped in reducing my BP and allowed the BP medications to work better. One side effect that I believe I have had with this drug is hair loss. I had a similar reaction to Allopurinol.

Related Reading: high blood pressure | hair loss

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 25

This has worked well for me. I had continuous gout attacks with Alopurinol. With Uloric I have had reduction in the size of the joint in my toe where gout had caused growth. I have also taken colchicine periodically with this to help with slight soreness that you recognize from having past gout experiences. I take 80mg tablets. I have had gout from 28 yrs old to 50 and this is my best period in that time. I have taken it for about 6 to 7 months. I do not have any stomach problems from Uloric although I did not have any with alopurinol either. I do have tinnitus and it is louder than it was last year. Not sure if it is increased from this or not. I read that this could be a side effect. My blood pressure has been up and that may be the cause. As you probably know you have to practically treat yourself if you have gout. So this is what has worked for me. Uloric, Colchicine periodically, and stay on a good diet with plenty of water. Good luck.

Related Reading: colchicine | tinnitus

Comment from: second2none, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 05

It made for to sudden a drop in Uric acid levels. From 12.8 to 6.4 in under two months. This caused massive kidney problems, stones and infections. A week in the hospital.

Comment from: Donnie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 24

Good-bye Allopuronol, no side effects as of now(6-09)- simple,effective--- dont wait for doctor to suggest,ask him about protocol- Thank you god !!!!! and Dr. Mehta

Comment from: Mark, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 05

Have had bad flareups in my toe,elbow, and knee. The last few were intolerable in my knee. Since starting Uloric 7 weeks ago, I have had substantial reduction of flareups and no side effects.Have had a reduction in uric acid levels already and highly recommend this treatment.

Comment from: vinny, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 16

lowed my uric acid form 9.0 to 6.0 in ten days.only taking 20mg 40 was killing my stomach.only thing is a little itching after i take it,but hope i can handle so i can get off of colchine.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: robdiesel@msn.com, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 06

this drug is the best thing I ever took for gout,,no attact going on 4 mouth now,,,,,I couldn't even go to the gym any more the plain was that bad,,but I'm feeling like am 20 year old again

Comment from: No Luck, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 25

Took it for 21 days...had frequent gout pain. On the 21st day the pain became unbearable and I could not continue. I may resume at half dosage (20 mg.) in a day or two....but i am not optimistic. One cholchicine and one or two advil at night worked much better.

Comment from: prettylady, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 02

I have been taking uloric for almost three months. It seems to be working.I have noticed a few side effects like flusing,some hair coming out.Will continue until I see the DR. I have tried all other drugs for gout and could not take.

Comment from: jud, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 26

My joints havent felt this good in years. I love this new treatment