Uloric User Reviews

Uloric - User Reviews

Uloric User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Uloric sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Dan, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 30

I have been on Uloric 80mg for a little more than 2 years. Started out on the 40mg which worked a little better than Allopurinol. I had a high uric acid level (well above 8). My uric acid level these days is under 5. The drug helped stabilize my kidney function which was out of control due to the high uric acid levels. Watch out for certain blood pressure drugs that can cause your uric acid levels to go up. I had a few mild side effects from the drug, but relief from the chronic pain was well worth it. I was on Allopurinol before Uloric and did almost nothing to help. This drug was a life saver.

Related Reading: chronic pain

Comment from: tommy snider, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 08

Took the medication for two weeks. Passed out at a school graduation and had to be transported to the hospital in an ambulance. At first they could not find a pulse. when they finally did they could not find a vein for an IV. My blood was not fluid enough to flow. They ran test for two days too find nothing out of the ordinary wrong. It was the Uloric that did it. After three days in the hospital and $3,000.00 out of my pocket I went home and reused to take the Uloric and got better. The FDA needs to evaluate the medications far longer and do more studies before they put them on the market as safe.

Comment from: T. Law, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 13

This medication has worked very well for me. The Doctor strarted me on 40mg for 7 days and then increased the dosage to 80mg for 21 days. My Doctor said that during the inital month or so I would get some gout flare-ups as the medication lowered the uric acid levels and dissolved the uric acid crystals around my toe joint (where I usually got the flare ups and also where there was significat swelling, tenderness and an enlarged joint). I did have several flare ups (minor) and for the last week I have not had any attacks and the size of my toe joing has gone down significantly--it is now about 1/4 of the size it was. I have not had any side affects and am extremely pleased so far. I have an appointment with the Doctor next week to have blood test to see what my uric acid level is. I have to believe it is within the normal range. I am concerned about the cost of the medication based on some of the previous comments. So far I have been taking the samples the Doctor gave me.

Comment from: Commander1190@yahoo.com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 23

I'm back....it's been 14 months on this drug and I just had my uric acid level checked. It came back 4.1!!! That's great but my dr. informed me it could take a year to get all of the crystals out of my system. If I had to do it all over again I would rethink taking this. I have had 14 months of pain!

Comment from: EJK, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 01

Had constant bouts of gout. Have not had any since I have been taking this medication.

Comment from: ccns63, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 23

I had a severe reaction to this drug. My GI tract was completely affected. I experience lightheadedness,GERD, constapation, and even affected my prostate where I could not void.

Comment from: MtnGuy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 09

I have been taking ULORIC for 1 year now. I used to suffer with frequent gout attacks every 1-2 months. Since I have been on ULORIC, I have experienced fewer gout attacks to the tune of maybe 2 attacks within 12 months. I take it in the morning on an empty stomach with no side effects what so ever. I was switched to ULORIC because allpurinol tore my stomach up and did not agree with me at all. Overall, for me, this has been a game changer for me.