Ultracet User Reviews

Ultracet - User Reviews

Ultracet User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ultracet sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Kittychan, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 02

After having severe shoulder problems and no relief from cortisone shots... my DR prescribed me this drug, day 2 of taking it I was vomiting, sleepy and had severe hallucinations. I will NEVER take this again. I have allergies but not to anything listed in this drug.

Comment from: wahoo, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 22

Been using this pain med for 3 yrs. Have back and leg pain due to deg. disk (ruptured) not as effective as codine; but for day to day use is great. Controls the pain and leaves me with a clear head and able to function normally. Will cause night sweats but at least I sleep. Not effective for severe pain; but good for moderate pain and daily use.

Related Reading: night sweats | sleep

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 15

I have used this medication in the past for a back injury, but with no relief. Just recently I slipped and fell on some ice and sprained my back and broke my tail bone. It has helped with my pain. Unfortunately if I don't eat a small snack prior to taking the medication I get very sick and even vomit.

Comment from: mandawin, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 25

Ultracet has taken care of my back and shoulder pain from work. Better for me than tylenol or ibuprofen.

Related Reading: tylenol | ibuprofen

Comment from: PGK, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 13

I have been prescribed this for sciatica pain. Was first on Noproxen, which wore off after about 6 hours. Started this and it really does not eliminate the pain but lessens it from a 10 to a 7 but only for a couple of hours. I was expecting more from it. Takes about 45 minutes to kick in, then lasts about 2.5 hours and then wears off. I actually look forward to the next dose and take it every 5 hours instead of 6 as prescribed. A bit of tiredness and light-headed along with itching on my thigh and moodiness, which may actually be from the pain still being present. Decreases appetite as well and gives dry mouth feeling for which I find myself drinking quite a bit of water. Looking to get off of it and on to something else ASAP.

Related Reading: itching | dry mouth

Comment from: stcart, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 21

This medication did not help...at all. If I took it I got a horrible headache. If i ALREADY had a headache..it took it away. Did NOTHING for the pain in my leg and back tho. Took two at a time, every three hours from 10AM until 10PM..12/day. After 5 days, and 60 of them, I stopped. Doctor prescribed Percocet 10's, and they were 10X better. Only had to take one of them every 4 hours.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: scott, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 20

I have been using ultracet for almost two years for neck pain and headaches. I have been very satisified with the results. I take two tablets and the pain is gone for the entire day. Sometimes if I drink too much caffenine I get a little light headed. I would highly recommend this drug to anyone.

Related Reading: neck pain

Comment from: MTMom1953, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 21

I have Multiple Sclerosis and have a lot of Pheripheral Neuropathy in my legs and joint pain all over. Ultracet in combination with Cymbalta(antidepressant, but has shown very good results for neuropathy pain),has really helped me. Ultracet has never totally relieved the pain, but takes the edge off and I can function without the drugged feeling with other pain meds. It works for me.

Related Reading: Multiple Sclerosis | Cymbalta