Ultram User Reviews

Ultram - User Reviews

Ultram User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ultram sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Dancnkc, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 24

This medication works well with minimal side effects. It mutes the pain levels down to a point where you can concentrate on daily activities without feeling "drugged".... There are two very important points to this medication that cannot be ignored without side effects. Overdosage: From all the blogs I've found, overdosage often results in sleeplessness. Headaches and stomach cramps are also widely reported. Abruptly ceasing use: If you take a moderate to high dosage of Ultram each day (5 to 8 tablets), then abrubtly stopping Ultram results in some fairly severe withdrawal symptoms...particular at the 36 to 48 hour mark after your last dose. In my particular case, I lost my prescription and went a weekend without it which resulted in some of the most horrible overnight symptoms I've ever experienced. Restless leg syndrome and/or acute insomnia seem to be the primary complaints. The symptoms persist on and on and do not let up, no matter how tired you become. You cannot sleep - and when you do manage to doze off for 15 minutes, you wake up with RLS/Insomnia in a sweat. Headache and acute dizziness are also complaints associated with Ultram withdrawals. Exaggerated pain as well. It all adds up to a strong desire to do whatever a person has to do to relieve the insomnia and just sleep - especially when this cycle drags on for a number of days. Step down dosage over a long period of time i.e. a month. Depression is also a widely complained about symptom - even for those who dose down slowely. Make absolutely sure a doctor knows what you are doing and can help treat the symptoms. You may very well need the help.

Related Reading: Ultram | Restless leg syndrome | insomnia

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 25

Ultram has alleviated my pain for 3 years now. However, I question how much of my pain is real at this point and how much is rebound pain because I am struggling to get off this med. I take the full dose -- 100 mgs. four times daily and know it is addictive. I am struggling within 3 hours after dosing and need more. I find now that I am exhausted right before I take each dose and once I take it there is a surge of energy for a brief while. This is prevalent in addiction.

Comment from: Jade, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 12

Interesting medication. Love it! I started taking Ultram after knee surgery. I had very minimal side effects. Worked well for the pain, but I also noticed something else. You see, I have suffered with paralyzing anxiety/depression for the past 10 years. Panic attacks, insomnia, lethargy...all that good stuff. Well, when I started the Ultram I noticed something. I actually felt GOOD! Not just good, great! It elevated my mood and you know what? My anxiety is all but gone. I am able to hold a good job, and am actually able to enjoy my friends and family. I have a life again and I am so greatful for that. I no longer have much pain but continue taking this medication for the other effects, basically. No, not because it gets me "high" or anything, and i do not increase my dosage and stay well within the maxiumum daily dosage of 400mg. I just simply like feeling energized, upbeat and generally having a positive outlook again.

Related Reading: anxiety | depression | Panic attacks

Comment from: CJ, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 05

degenerative disc disease in lower back; went through epidurals and physical therapy; ultram (50 MG) kept me sane

Comment from: friskmemrcop, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 02

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!! I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, I have pain in my jaw one day and the next, pain in my knee. Then, the next, pain in my arm and so on, an ongoing every-day struggle. I never know where the pain's going to be the next day. I'll take the Ultram and it works in 5 or 10 minutes. It's truely a blessing.

Related Reading: Fibromyalgia

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 20

This has been very effective for treatment of fibromyalga,one ultacet per 2 hrs daily

Comment from: melinda5345, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 15

I have used ultram for several years. I have found to get full effectiveness of the drug is to take with 8 oz. of water. This pain medication for me will last for 12 hours. It may take a little longer to get the full effectiveness of relief but for me it really works good. Remember it is a full glass of water.

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options