Ultram User Reviews

Ultram - User Reviews

Ultram User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ultram sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: grannym, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 18

It has been a great help with my muscle pain

Related Reading: muscle pain

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 10

i had been taking around 10-15 vicodin a day for back pain, i wanted off of it, so my doctor put my on Ultram, 4 X a day. it has worked amazingly! i dont have to take as many as i did with the vicodin, i would recommend it to anyone in pain :)

Related Reading: vicodin

Comment from: pp84405, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 25

I have taken this drug for 10 years for a serious back injury with some parcel peraliss in lower back and left leg. Have had no problems what so ever with Ultram 50mg

Comment from: rxking, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 09

Woderful. I have used this medicine for ten years now taking the max dosage of 400mg daily. It manages my pain well and gives me the energy that I need for a full day. But, be very aware that this can be a very addictive and habit forming drug that can have very dangerous side effects if stopped abruptly, such as seizures , restlessness headache, chronic fatigue, and extreme stomach discomfort. If taken properly, though, this is the most efffective pain reliever for my injuries that I have ever taken.

Related Reading: headache | fatigue

Comment from: kennethww2@sbcglobal.net, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 08

I was "talked into" trying this medication for the pain associated with Osteoarthritis. I have had it for several years, and did not want to become dependent on something or other for the pain. Mostly I could put up with it, but when I overdid an activity, such as carpentry, or car repair, or such, then I would surely pay for it the next day. At times I found it difficult to even clean a dozen fish, and so I began limiting many of my favorite activites... Last year, during my annual physical, my doctor made the suggestion that I might want to consider using Ultram ER on a trial basis. I, as per usual, declined with the same old excuse that I didn't want to get addicted to something, just so I could do things I used to do. Well, my wife chimed in, stating that I was to the point of doing little or nothing anymore because so many things tended to make me hurt. So, why not give a try for just one month, and see how it went. I finally agreed. I filled the scrip for a months supply, and after about a week my sister happened to ask how I was feeling, not knowing I was on a new medication. It was then that I realized that my hands had not hurt for a day or two... WOW, was I ever surprised a the realization!!! So, I have know been on ULTRAM ER for about 50 weeks, and I am doing many of the things I used to do, and suffer little, if any, from the activity, unless I totally overdo it. My friends even have noticed how much better I seem to be, and how much more I can do without complaining or bellyaching about the hurt. It has been a real godsend to me. And I would suggest others who may not want to get "hooked" try it - it's great!!!

Related Reading: Osteoarthritis | Ultram ER

Comment from: miatajane, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 16

Have taken it for fibromyalgia for quite a few years. Works well enough so that I'm able to work 30 hrs a week and I'm 60 yrs old.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 30

Yup this pill is a joke. Let me tell you a real story. A family member I have has been in the medical community since 1979. She says when patients come into the hospitals or clinics for pain if a doctor even suspects "addict" they through up the T sign. You know one hand over the other hands fingers, like time-out. There are some docs who do not believe the experiences people are having because of this. Careful, your name gets put into a national database if the so called gods of medicine believe your not really in pain. I have seven hurniated discs, degenerative disc disease and arthritus of the spine. I have been dealing with this since 1990. I only see the doc when flare ups occur. I seek physical therapy, massage, and early on a chiropractor. I do not want to be on meds at all. But, when I am in pain, I want something that works. Surgery??? My new neuro-surgeon has three hurniated discs, and she won't even have surgery because of known complications. So were dammed if we do and dammed if we don't. Good Luck to all!!!

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options