Unithroid User Reviews

Unithroid - User Reviews

Unithroid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Unithroid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 20

Recently, my pharmacy switched my Synthroid medication to generic Levothroxine. I didn't notice the change at the time but began to feel very fatigued and started losing my hair. After researching thyroid medications, I decided it had to be the generic hormone. At my next doctors visit, I requested the brand name, Synthroid, be prescribed again. My symptoms disappeared within a few weeks of returning to Synthroid. Supposedly, they are the same drug but I had a very negative reaction to the generic. That tells me that they are not the same for me. Buyer beware as all thyroid generics apparently are not the same.

Related Reading: Synthroid

Comment from: yaya, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 12

I have experienced hair loss, weight gain, mood swings. I do not like taking this drug and wish anyone having to take this drug a lot of luck. It's awful and should be taken off the market.

Related Reading: hair loss

Comment from: catherine, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 19

recently my pharmacy switched my Synthroid to unithroid without me knowing it. pills look a lot alike and unless you are aware of it, you will not notice difference. shortly after i started experiencing same symptoms i had before i was diagnosed. well, my life became struggle again. FDA may say that all thyroid pills are equal or biocompatable, but my feeling is they have to look into this statement. a lot of people will tell you that they aren't.I just don't feel the same and being hypothyroid, I already know when symptoms return,and in my case they did return.i talked to my doctor about it, i even wanted to change medications, but she refused to give me anything else but Synthroid. Turned out that instead of Synthroid i was actually taking Unithroid for last 2 months.it is very frustrating, because while taking Synthroid i felt like i was alive again, but now i feel life has been draind out of me.Hope it helps somebody. Pay attantion what are you given in the Pharmacy

Related Reading: unithroid

Comment from: MEW, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 25

I took Unithroid for 2 years. Prior symptoms of weight gain, constipation, loss of hair, tiredness, and high LDL level disappeared. Upon retirement I had to change companies to fill my prescriptions. The new company switched me to Synthroid. Since then my LDL has risen by 28 points and I have experienced very mild constipation and hair loss. It has taken awhile for me to put this together as the changes, other than those determined by a blood test, were mild. My diet has included less fat and sugar since the change to Synthroid, and I have been exercising more. The only other change prior to the higher LDL (up 28 points on two separate tests)has been the switch to Synthroid. Obviously, different people's bodies react differently to the same drug, and my body needs Unithroid orpossibly a higher level of Synthroid. At this point, I am asking my doctor to insist on Unithroid for my future prescriptions.

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: MARILYNWAGENMAN@ATT., 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 08

I NEED TO KNOW IF 100MCS ANY DIFFERRENT THAN 0'1MG WITH THE PILL CALLED LEVEOTHYROXINE SODIUM

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 31

Medicine is not working. I was taking synthroid, which was great. Drug store substituted this crap.

Comment from: Tina, Fl., 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 09

I have been losing my hair ever since the beginning of my hypothyroid disease,now that it has been removed I am currently taking Unithriod the hair loss is worse,extreme dry skin and slight weight gain too! I will request that my Dr. change my script to Synthriod.I have read that there is a difference.I will update to let everyone know the result.

Related Reading: dry skin

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 08

i had radiation treatment(I131) when i had hyperthyroid and a goiter.i have taken generic and synthroid for the past 9 years and i have yet to receive normal labs. I've gone from .025 dose to .100MG and now my doctor is lowering it to .088. i dont think the treatment is ever going to get me to normal what ever that really is? i guess i will continue to seesaw and take lab tests every 6 weeks.