Urocit-K User Reviews

Urocit-K - User Reviews

Urocit-K User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Urocit-K sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Female Published: September 26

It makes me feal very shaky and nausea's

Comment from: xkefee, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 06

I am a male 55 yrs old very good health except, I notice small brown , red stones in the urinal.I saved one in a kit from the lab and I had uric acid kidney stones.Lucky they are small enough to pass, not to big, I took the medicine for four months and it worked for me, I had to go to the bathroom often and it can give you loose stools.( be near a bathroom until you get use to the medicine. but the drug is fairly safe. Now I don't take it and Now I changed my diet and drink Lots of water. seems to work.......

Related Reading: kidney stones

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 12

I have only been on this medication for a week. I have excessive heartburn and have 5 kidney stones this week alone.

Related Reading: heartburn

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 30

I take it with meals to avoid the upset stomach that it sometimes causes. I use cold juice to help it go down. When I take it regularly, it seems to decrease the frequency of kidney stones (with the drug: one stone every ~10 yrs; without the drug: one stone every ~5 yrs).

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 01

I am one to not like taking my medications but this one I take it has prevented me from having kidney stones again its been alomost 2 years since i had them and I've been taking the meds for a little over a year..they are just very hard to swallow but the liquid is worse.

Comment from: msp, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 01

Hard to swallow because its not coated. Just started taking medication.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 03

After taking this medication for 5 days I noticed that my arm was very weal and my two fingers on the same side went numb and were tingling.Also had diarrhea and pills were in stool like stated .After the weekend I made an appointment with my primary doctor only to refer me to a neurologist.I came home and was ready all the side affects and came across Tell your doctor immediately if any of these rare side affects happen.All that i stated also my same hand was very cold and could not get warm.I was so freaked out that i stop taking them and wanted to vomit my last pill out because i was so scared.My advise is to read the side affects .Now i'm out 150.00 for two months worth and i only took 5 pills.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 03

Its kept me from getting more kidney stones, that is you have to take it as it is prescribed.

Comment from: russettroberts, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 29

I have had 7 or 8 kidney stone operations over the years and my urologist says that this medication will greatly decrease the chances of having several types of stones. Unfortunately, these tablets are very difficult to swallow, They are large and coarse textured and begin to dissolve immediately. I take 4/day and it easier to swallow my other 8 pills at once than one of these. Cant they coat them!!