Uroxatral User Reviews

Uroxatral - User Reviews

Uroxatral User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Uroxatral sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Ron, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 02

This drug has helped with flow. However it leaves you with some sexual dysfunction. Energy level has decreased. Forgetfulness problems have seemed to increase.

Comment from: jbarw10021, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 21

I was doing great with this drug, until 3 night ago I had a grapefruit, took my meds and went to bed. Got up to go to restroom, and blacked out twice, fell banged up my face, broken nose. They should label bottles, "Do Not Eat Grapefruit While Taking This Med" My Blood Pressure dropped to 86/39....... My advice, you need to research the interactions with each and every medication........

Comment from: vchucky, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 17

Helped with the urgency at night, but since being on this medication my lower extremities have begun to swell and do not go down. I tried RAPAFLO before Uroxatrol and had helped with the frequency at night but had no sex drive and no ejaculate at all.

Comment from: captainhand, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 10

Have had prostate problems for years. Flomax caused retrograde ejaculation & loss of libido. Uroxatral does not. BUT after one month on Uroxatral I continue having some pounding heartbeats, sleep difficulties, and vivid (sometimes violent) dreams. I'm giving it more time to see if this evens out. Tried stopping for two days and nighttime symptoms returned. Wish they had a smaller dose.

Comment from: mildmanner, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 21

This has worked somewhat for helping me to not have to urinate every 2 hours. I can now go as long as 4 to 5 hours before urinating. I used to do this once to twice a night, now sometimes once in the night. The part where it helps to increase the flow rate does not work for me. I've only used 1 month, but it's only helped the frequency problem. Side effects for me have been dizziness, dry eyes, stuffy nose at times, but all are minor and seem to come and go. I usually am not affected by side effects, but this one I am. My sex drive and erections are still o.k. so the drug is o.k., Now the doctor wants me to take Avodart in combination with Uroxatral, since I am still not having a good urine flow and my bladder will not empty well. I am worried about the Avodart, It's not had a lot of good reviews on WEB MD and it seems to reduce your sex drive, and I am a liitle worried about the side effects.

Related Reading: dry eyes | Avodart

Published: September 09

USed this and got instant relief of urinary and other issues. Switched to Flomax due to insurance. Was awful, no semen, decreased sexual ability and no improvement in symptoms. Back on Uroxatrol.

Comment from: CPPSer, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 27

Used for CPPS. Worked great, though noticed some possible side effects including stuffy nose and headaches. Also a little dizzy first couple of days, but that went away.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 10

For about a year I took Flomax. This eliminated my urinary problems but also eliminated ejaculation. My doctor switched me to Urotraxal several years ago. This also effectively treats my urinary symptoms, but ejaculations have returned and I am less likely to get dizzy when standing up. Only problem is that my medical insurance classifies Urotraxal as a tier 3 drug. My copay is $65 a month. I am going to try Doxasin (a tier 1 generic) to see if it will also control my symptoms.

Comment from: Mike, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 04

Headache with first dose. Became accustomed after second dose. Best taken in the evening after or during dinner. Will make patient drowsy and sleep soundly.

Related Reading: Headache

Comment from: wishbone001, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 04

I was put on Uroxitrol because of an enlarged prostate and hard to start urinating. One problem though, I have noticed that my wife is unable to make me ejaculate any more. I can sustain an erection but have difficulty with ejaculating. From what I've read others have some of the same problems. I think i will try to stop taking this med and see what happenes.