Vagifem User Reviews

Vagifem - User Reviews

Vagifem User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vagifem sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 15

This is a question, when using this drug can my husband perform oral sex on me safely? I cannot find this answer any where i look thanks

Comment from: Justme., 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 28

I have been using Vagifem for about 3 years and the results are wonderful. It took away the dryness and pain. I enjoy sex again. I am 63 years young. I only wish I could use more often, my Doctor cut me down to once a week and she wants me to skip a month now an then, but I felt it was more effective using twice a week. But still once a week is better than nothing. It's so easy to use unlike the creams that are so messy. I can't imagine being without Vaginfem.

Related Reading: Vagifem

Comment from: Debbie, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 03

I have been using vagifem for several years for vaginal dryness. It works very well and I have not experienced any of the side effects other reviewers have had. My only concern is the cancer fear. I would not want to do something for comfort now, that will harm me later. My OBGYN insists that it is safe for me, that the dosage is so low that it is not any worse than using a lotion with estrogen. I will have to trust her for now.

Related Reading: vaginal dryness | cancer

Comment from: piper, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 18

I have been on vagifem 10mcg 5 months. I am post-menapause and after a year of using nothing I have extreme vaginal dryness & pain. This was prescribed and I feel great I have restored moisture and pain free and sleep so much better. I never experienced hot flashes or night sweats so I don't know if it works for that. Now my concern is CANCER, the FDA recalls a lot of products and it scares me. So now I'm checking into bio-identical hormones which are plant based.

Related Reading: sleep | hot flashes | night sweats

Comment from: Kathy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 19

My Dr. prescribed it for vaginal dryness. In that aspect it has been wonderful. I don't need any lubricant for intercourse. I have noticed breast swelling and tenderness as well as general bloating almost since I started using it 6 months ago. I really didn't think too much about it until I starting waking up with headaches every morning. I NEVER GET HEADACHES! Does anybody else have bloating and headaches? Thanks for your help.

Related Reading: breast

Comment from: MAXINE, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 24

I HAVE BEEN SATISFIED WITH WHAT THIS DRUG WAS INTENDED TO DO, HOWEVER, I AM STOPPING AS I HAVE LOST SO MUCH HAIR. IT IS NOT WORTH TAKING THIS DRUG CONSIDERING WHAT IT HAS DONE TO MY HAIR. HOPEFULLY MY HAIR WILL GROW BACK. I AM VERY STRESSED ABOUT MY HAIR LOSS.

Related Reading: HAIR LOSS

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 13

was prescribed for post menopausal vaginal dryness. the dryness and discomfort got better, however, I am having severe hair loss and will talk with my OB/GYN abouting stopping.

Comment from: CrystalG, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 15

I have been using this product for about four years. My GYN recommends it to all his post-menopausal patients. I have not noticed a difference, but at my annual exams he assures me it is working. He says it keeps me lubricated and healthy, and will prevent problems in the future. I have been taking it for about four years. I have asked him for a natural product, but he insists that since this has been proven to work, it only makes sense to use. I have been going to this GYN for over 20 years, so we have an excellent rapport.

Comment from: ms jinny, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 12

I have Vaginal dryness and bladder problems. This medication has helped me awhole lot.