Vagifem User Reviews

Vagifem - User Reviews

Vagifem User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vagifem sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: sskaty, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 02

I have been using this medication for about 9 months for vaginal dryness and bladder spasms - it has worked wonderfully for me. However over the last couple of weeks have developed a skin rash which is worsening every day. I plan to stop using the medication until the rash is gone and will try again.

Related Reading: bladder spasms | rash

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 13

while the medication helped immensely for vaginal dryness/ comfort during intercourse, it made my hair fall out- in volumes. I have lost at least half of the amount of hair in a 3-4 month's period of time.I have since stopped using it, and am hoping that it will grow back!!! My hair is more imprortant than sex- will use topical lubricants instead!

Comment from: becky, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 15

have been on drug for almost a year know, was not told until know all the adverse side affects until 6 mmonths into takeing it. i dont have much headaches but i have noticed an extreme loss in eye sight, alot of bloating, extreme tenderness in breast and hair loss. i just brushed it off for my age. i will stop takeing this medication. cant believe my doctor didn't tell me these side affects.

Comment from: jesm, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 02

I started this treatment due to post menopause vaginal dryness. It worked very well but caused me to have night sweats. I've stopped it for 1 month and am sleeping much better. I will now start again to see what will happen but am concerned that they could someday discover this does increase cancer risk as much as other estrogen. It is not supposed to be absorbed systemically as other estrogen but apparently is since I have night sweats.

Related Reading: menopause

Comment from: satisfied, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 01

I heard about Vagifem on the tv show the Doctors. They refered to it as a miracle drug. Well,I don't think it is a miracle but it does work well. I have been on it for a year. It does help with dryness and painful intercourse. I have also noticed that my hair and skin have more oil. I was having a problem with dry hair and skin before vagifem. I have not experienced any of the side affects other women have had.

Comment from: arjo55, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 28

My Gyno gave me samples of Vagifem months ago but I put off using it after reading all the cancer warnings; they scared me to death! Just began using it a few days ago because, at 56, I am NOT ready to give up on sex (which has become terribly painful). But I'm beginning to wonder if sex is worth the cancer risk?! I'll be using this for 2 weeks; hopefully, won't need it after that. Every time I use it, I feel like I'm injecting myself with cancer!

Comment from: Betty, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 06

Like Barbara, I used the 25 mg tablet for several years to help support the cervical tissue. It worked great with no side effects. The 10 mg tablet does not work nearly as well leaving me feeling like I need to go to the bathroom all the time. That's why I started using it in the first place. Now I am back to square one! The only help I can see is using it almost daily. That would get very expensive.

Comment from: Barbara, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 19

I have used the twice a week dosage of 25mcg for several years with great relief of vaginal dryness and discomfort. The new change of dosage by the company to twice a week 10mcg does not work and I have had to increase the dosage to 5 times a week of 10mcg tablets. It does not work as well and is very costly.

Comment from: M, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 30

This drug worked for me for about 6 months or so, but now has little to no effect at all. And now I know why I've been waking up with headaches. It's very discouraging to go from a very healthy sex life to not wanting it at all because of the pain due to vaginal dryness. I read someone's comment about using Estrace vaginal cream so will give that a try. I pray something is out there that works. This is the pits!

Related Reading: Estrace vaginal cream