Vagifem User Reviews

Vagifem - User Reviews

Vagifem User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vagifem sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: gina, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 01

I was to use the product every day for two weeks then change to twice a week. After 9 days I developed a yeast infection - something I had never had before in my life. Now, more than a week after stopping use, the infection is still with me and I'm pretty miserable. Add to this that the prescription was expensive evn with a prescription plan.

Related Reading: yeast infection

Comment from: dee 257 , 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 24

I have been taking it for approximately 8 months and I have not seen any great improvements. I quit taking it because of significant hair loss, hope it grows back.

Comment from: works, but at what cost?, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 02

This medication is effective. BUT, and there is always a 'BUT', it gave me unwanted side effects. Headache and dizziness. May help 'down there' but makes it worse 'up there' (my head). Not worth it. I had very few headaches, until I started taking this drug. When I stop the med, headaches go away. So... if this medication 'suppposedly' does not get into the blood, how can it effect me in such a profound way ? Don't believe it doesn't get into your blood. I won't be taking this anymore. You have got to ask yourself the same question. Drug company benefits, patient loses. It is always that way, like when you go to Vegas. The odds are just like that, favorite the 'house'

Related Reading: Headache | dizziness

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 03

BEWARE OF INSTANT SAVING CARD OFFER. It states "pay no more than $10.00 on each of your next 4 presciptions of Vagifem 10mcg" Using this card printed from website ended up paying $53.07 NOT $10.00. The pharmasist called, was told that there was a max NOVO NORDISK would pay. I called spoke w/ customer service manager, told she understood my accusing them of false advertizing and will pass along to proper person. She offered a small compensation to me ( one free refill) I have not accepted this offer . When I decided to try Vagifem, it was a $40.00 max cost 4 months @ $10.00), now it will be $212.28. THAT my friends is false advertising, and very bad business practice. It makes me question the trustworthyness of Novo Nordisk. I hope I have made an awareness that is helpful. By the way I'm on day 6 w/ this product so too early to tell, I'm taking it for vaginal atrophy. Because I believe in positive thinking, I'm afraid that the distaste for the company may hinder the effectiveness. Hope this was helpful.

Comment from: Active senior, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 21

I started this for vaginal dryness. It does work somewhat and helps keep my bladder free of Urinary Tract infections also. The best result for me has been more sexual desire and better sexual response, although it is nowhere near what it was pre-menopause or even during regular hormone therapy. This result has not been the case for my friends who use it, however. I really feel I need this treatment and am unhappy with the dosage reduction from 25 mg to 10mg.

Related Reading: sexual

Comment from: NYWoman, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 08

While this product did help with my problem with dryness it did promote the hot flashes again.

Comment from: Buckeye Mom, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 22

Suffering hot flashes, day and night sweats 2 years after partial hysterectomy in my mid 40's and partially effective treatment with antidepressants and sleep aid. Found Vagifem to have no benefit after 4 months of treatment and experiencing unexplained rash on torso and back of neck.

Related Reading: antidepressants